Tuesday 31 July 2018

Back Home Again and a Kitchen Preview

We've been back in the UK for a few days now and are settling back into normal life.  We had a lovely holiday, very relaxing. A little too relaxing if I'm honest, but I think I needed it.  I feel refreshed and ready to get back to work.

Yesterday, was my first day back, and it wasn't too bad.  The Manager and volunteers had kept stock levels under control, so it wasn't too overwhelming. I haven't yet officially met the new Deputy, who is sharing the post with me. I should meet him on Wednesday, which will be interesting. I was a bit tired after my first day back, but that's to be expected really.  I'm sure I'll build up my stamina for it again pretty quickly.

Today, I'm at home and trying to catch up with my month end finances. The whole house needs a good clean, but I'll get around to it eventually, there's no hurry. I did tackle most of the holiday washing and my ironing mountain after we returned, which has helped. I thought it best to get it out of the way whilst the weather was cooler.

I didn't really spend much money on holiday.  I don't really go in for souvenirs of any kind, but I did buy a Portuguese tile coaster on this holiday, to remind me of the beautiful tiles we saw decorating some of the buildings.  It nicely matches our renovated kitchen colour scheme too and is so pretty that I couldn't resist it. 



Talking of the kitchen, I haven't actually shown you any pictures of our progress. It's not finished yet, as we still need new cupboard doors, a new co-ordinating glass splash back behind the hob and a new fridge freezer and microwave, but I love the colour change and I am enjoying the simplicity it offers, with only everyday essentials out on the worktops. It's been a bit like a Minimalist packing party, I don't want to put some of the things I took out back, as I want to keep it as simple as possible. I'll post more pictures when it is fully completed.


I digress, anyway, I also indulged in buying two large bottles of Aloe Vera gel whilst on holiday, which I always use as an after sun lotion and for other things too at times. I just about had spare weight in my luggage for these.  The only other thing I bought was a new sun visor.  I've bought these on past holidays and never worn them again, as I didn't like them once I got them home, but this one is very similar in style to an old and much worn favourite, so I think I will use this one.  I decluttered two previous holiday purchases as soon as I got home. It's useless hanging onto them when every time I put them on I don't like how I look in them. Hopefully, it will be a case of third time lucky.

Since we've been back, it's been wonderful to have some rain.  I really didn't mind taking one for the garden/allotment, when I got drenched on a dog walk on Sunday morning and I positively relished waking up to thunder and rain this morning.  Thankfully, the allotment and garden survived not being watered in our absence, but I need to get out and do a bit of harvesting today at some point.

2 comments:

  1. Loving your new kitchen. So glad you had a relaxing holiday and have enjoyed some much needed rain here ! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new kitchen looks great!! The tile matches it perfectly.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete