Monday 27 August 2018

Relishing the Bank Holiday Weekend

It's been a very relaxed kind of weekend around here.  We came back to London from Yorkshire on Friday afternoon and have been settling ourselves back in.  There was the obligatory food shop and some washing to take care of, but other than these things, I've been able to do as I please and continue to relax on my week off work.

I haven't tackled the house yet, as I'm still not feeling it. I did venture into the spare bedroom/my sewing room in an attempt to do some decluttering, but I have to say that the whole process left me feeling a bit overwhelmed and depressed, due to the amount of stuff that is in there and that I am going to have to make decisions about at some point. A few things did find their way into the donation box, but this was just the tip of the iceberg.

Anyway, I've managed to catch a couple of classes at the gym this weekend, which has been good and has helped to shake me out of my lethargy. It was definitely necessary, as I'm back at work tomorrow and it's going to be full on, mainly due to the fact that we are down to minimum volunteers now all of the interns have left.

LB is going away with a school friend and her family on Thursday, to a music festival for three or four days, which is very exciting for her. I've been speaking to her friend's mum today about boundaries and such, which reassured me. Apparently, there are a few local families that go there together each year, so there'll be quite a few people she knows there.

I dragged our tent out of the shed yesterday morning for her to take with her.  It hasn't seen the light of day for quite a few years, since there was a camp out at her cousins house some years back. This afternoon, LB and OH are taking it to the park to practice putting it up.  I might go along with the dog just to watch the spectacle.

Needless to say, LB is super excited about the trip and can't wait to go.  She's been packing since we got back to London. As a consequence, I've decided to leave cleaning the house until she's away, but we'll see if that happens.

I feel very rested which is good and I'm slowly trying to psyche myself back up for returning to work. We might try to squeeze in a visit to the allotment this afternoon, to harvest more tomatoes.  I need to pickle some beetroot that we picked last week and use some cooking apples that OH's parents gave us from their garden.

I'm already enjoying the cooler weather and am looking forward to getting my winter wardrobe out and cosying up in sweaters, jeans and boots. I'm an autumn girl at heart, being born in October. It is probably my favourite season, what with the excitement of Christmas to come and the stiflingly hot weather behind us. After tending the allotment all summer it always feel great to gradually put it to bed for the winter and turn toward more home based activities.

I hope you're enjoying your Bank Holiday Weekend.


2 comments:

  1. No Bank Holiday Weekend here, but I am enjoying the cooler temperatures.

    I hope LB enjoys her trip and that you feel the boundaries are good.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Bank Holiday here so we did our shopping and errands today. My decluttering has stalled mainly because I found so much fabric and sewed instead. I too am glad the scorching days are behind us.

    ReplyDelete