Monday 6 August 2018

Earn/Save an Extra £2018 in 2018 - July

This month, things have slowed down dramatically on the saving and earning extra money front.  The main reason being that I've decided that using supermarket vouchers doesn't always save money, especially when said vouchers are for use at Waitrose. I end up spending way more on groceries than I would if I shopped at Lidl for them, which is madness.

Instead, I've been trying to do all of my shopping at Lidl for most of the month and not using the vouchers at all. I'm hoping it will help keep me within budget.

So, that said, here's where I have earned or saved extra this month.

1) I sold a few more items on eBay this month.  This has earned me £9.64 this month.

Total earned on eBay - £9.64.

2) I got a free bus journey to work the other day, on account of the ticket scanner on the bus not working.  This saved me £1.50. Every little bit helps.

Total saved on bus fares - £1.50

The total amount of extra money earned this month is £11.14, which when added to last month's total of £796.17, brings my current total this year to £807.31.

As you can see, I've saved a lot less money this month, partly as a consequence of what's mentioned above and partly due to going on holiday for one week too. I'm not sure how much more money I will be able to earn save this year, but I'm going to continue to plod on and do my best.

2 comments:

  1. I think you are doing very well. I agree vouchers only work if you are prepared to just get what they call for. Me, well something else always seems to find its way into my cart.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saving/earning more has been grinding to a halt recently, but I'm trying to revive my efforts a little this month.

      Delete