Friday 4 May 2018

Free 250 in 2018 - April

It's been a better month this month on the decluttering front, largely due to some tidying up in the garden and also because of the kitchen renovations, which have made me really think about what I want to keep and what I want to let go of in that room. Faced with having to remove stuff from the room to get painting, I realised we've still got way too much stuff.  So here goes;

1) One brand new lampshade from the new lamp I bought back in March.  We bought a replacement to fit in with existing décor at IKEA this month.
2-3) Two waterproof jackets.  I have a surplus of these and some of them just needed to go.
3-8) Half a dozen dog toys that the dog just doesn't ever play with.
9) One huge box of plastic garden pots no longer needed.
10-13) Four ceramic/metal garden pots no longer needed.
14-15) Two pillowcases surplus to requirements.
16-17) Two old watches.
18) One coat with a broken zip.
19-31) 13 rolls of washi tape I have not or hardly used.
32-34) Three old pieces of trellis from the garden that are falling apart - taken to the tip.
35) One broken moses basket frame - taken to the tip.
36) One old and broken picture frame - taken to the tip.
37) One Perspex box - no longer needed.
38-39) One plastic storage box full of floating tea lights - not needed or used.
40) One card of new earrings - I removed the ones I wanted and am donating the rest.
41) One sealed unused concealer I didn't like.
42) One fabric shoe bag.
43) One 1950's umbrella stand that I have found a replacement for and no longer need.
44) One pair of virtually unworn shoes of LB's.
45-65) Twenty one items of clothing and footwear donated by LB.
66-67) Two pairs of swimming goggles donated by LB.
68) One shocking pink plastic storage box no longer needed.
69-73) One bookshelf with 4 fabric boxes no longer needed.
74-79) Six books no longer wanted.
80) One cloth shopping bag donated by LB
81-83) Two fabric covered coat hangers I don't use.
84) One woolly bobble hat decluttered from winter wardrobe.
85) One woolly scarf decluttered from winter wardrobe.

There are some more items, but I need to go through them first and make sure that I'm happy to donate them, so they will probably be included in next month's figures. The number of items leaving the house this month totalled 85, which when added to last month's total of 66, brings the yearly total so far to 151. A much better month all round this month, with a lot of help from LB.


3 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work. You are doing very well on the decluttering front.

    I had another two items leave the house today. Plus I managed to get through a bunch of orphan skeins and small balls of yarn. I actually feel like I have accomplished something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to make use of the stuff you have. Even better than decluttering it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing so well with the decluttering!!!

    ReplyDelete