Monday 7 May 2018

Catch Up

There's been quite a bit going on this last week. I was working on Tuesday, but as opposed to being in the shop, I attended an area meeting for managers, which made a change.  It's only the second one I've attended in my 10 months in post. It was interesting to meet more of the managers in our area and there were some very nice sandwiches to eat too.  I headed into work for an hour after the meeting, to do some paperwork, to find it had been a really busy day and our intern had done really well holding the fort.  Needless to say, he was congratulated.

I wasn't working again until Friday/Saturday, but work still dominated as during this time I had to fill in the application form to re-apply for my current job, which has now been advertised. I had to update my CV and also supply more paperwork for the application, so it took a good few hours over a few days to complete it.  It's done now, so I am just waiting to see if I get offered an interview, which I believe will take place in around 10 days time if I do. I'll be pleased when the whole process is over, whatever the outcome.

In the mean time, the manager has gone off on leave for 10 days and I'm left in charge, with lots of help from volunteers and interns. I worked on Saturday and was able to get the new curtains (that used to be my kitchen curtains) put up in the changing rooms.

I also spent both days at work in engaged meeting potential new volunteers, (amongst other things) that answered an advert I placed. I'm not sure how many of them will actually become volunteers, but we'll see. Responsibility for recruiting is new to me and I'm finding my feet with it at the moment.

I was off on Sunday, as one of our volunteers agreed to take charge of the shop, which was good of him. I managed to catch what will be my only class at the gym of this coming week, as I'll be working on the days I would usually go there. OH was cycling most of the day, so I got to chill at home on my own which was a treat. In the evening, LB had some friends over for a sleepover, so I had to do a bit of cleaning and grocery shopping to accommodate them.

I'm actually quite desperate to book some leave from work. I'm hoping to take the last week in May off, as it's half term. LB is doing some Duke of Edinburgh expeditions on both weekends, but we may go up North to visit family for a few days mid week.

Other than the above, the kitchen is coming along slooooowly. There are now two coats of colour on one wall, so the painting is virtually finished save for the floor and cupboard doors. OH seems to be busy with work and cycling, so progress is slow. I can't really argue, as I've done precious little towards it myself. It's usable, but the table isn't, so it's still TV dinners in our house.

I'm off today and Wednesday this week, bar any problems, and I am hoping to get to spend some time at the allotment, as well as catching up with all the usual housework stuff.  It's been a couple of weeks since I last visited.  It will be nice to have an excuse to get out into the sunshine, if it's still with us.

1 comment:

  1. You applied for the position!! Good for you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete