Wednesday 2 May 2018

Earn/Save £2018 in 2018 - April

This month has been a much more challenging month in terms of saving/earning more money. Nevertheless, I persevered and managed the following savings/earnings:

1) I saved £23 this month, using vouchers for money off grocery shops at Tesco once again.

Money saved at Tesco this month - £23.

2) We didn't travel north this Easter to visit relatives for one reason or another. We therefore saved money on purchasing Easter eggs.

Savings on Easter gifts this month - £20

3) I sold several more items on eBay this month.

Total eBay earnings (after fees/postage) - £22.56

4) I managed to save some money on a 3 for 2 offer at Boots this month.  I needed some concealers, but was horrified to find that they've discontinued the Seventeen range, which were my favourite. I had to choose some alternatives, which were cheaper and one range offered 3 items for the price of two, so I saved £1.99. I just hope I like the products or it wasn't actually a saving at all. That's two ranges of concealer that I liked that have now gone out of production.  I'm not having much luck with this lately.

Money saved on Boots offer - £1.99

5) I bought a few plants at B&Q on a day when they had 20% off all outdoor plants and saved £2.28 and also saved a further £8 by buying some dahlia and peony tubers on clearance.

Total saved at B&Q - £10.28

6) I saved money on groceries using Waitrose money off £50 grocery shop vouchers as well this month.

Total money saved at Waitrose - £10.00

7) I saved £3.50 when I purchased two vegan lipsticks at Superdrug's Pop Up Vegan Beauty shop this month.  To be honest I didn't even know they were on offer when I bought them, so this was a bonus.

Total money saved at Superdrug this month - £3.50.

When added together these savings come to a total this month of  £91.33 and when added to the total so far this year of £596.92, the new current total on this challenge to date is £688.25.

As I expected, savings/earnings this month were not as good as in previous months, but I'm still just about on target and still plugging away, saving where I can.

6 comments:

  1. Great Post! Keep up the good content!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing very well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie, but it is getting harder. If I get to £1000 this year I'll be happy.

      Delete
  3. Another good post, think back to last year, when you were posting of your overspends each month, you have come so very far. I am finding I can save simply by not being in any shops, but now I have stopped working I do find it easier to resist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marlene, it's true, when I look back there was a lot of very serious overspending. I can see that progress is being made and it's very satisfying.

      Delete