Wednesday 9 May 2018

Charity Shop Haul

After a rather unsuccessful trip to the mall last week, a more recent trip to a local charity shop (NOT the one I work in), was much more successful. As a consequence, I thought I'd treat you to a reduced spender's charity shop haul.

I spent £7.25 in total. A satisfyingly small sum, but managed to buy 5 pretty useful things, which is amazing really. So here goes:

The first thing I always look at in this particular charity shop is the books and this visit I managed to find a book that I think I'll enjoy reading. It cost £1. A complete steal.


I've started reading this already and am enjoying it. It sounds like it might actually be helpful to my life situation at the moment, as I'm struggling sometimes to get a good work/life balance.



The second item I bought was this hanging shoe organiser. I bought it to use in the tall kitchen cupboard to help me to keep things better organised in there, as it doesn't have many built in shelves.  I'll post a picture of how I use it when we eventually finish the kitchen. This cost £2.



Next was this infinity scarf, which is nice and light for summer and I can see myself wearing a lot for work.  You can never have too many scarves, well that's a lie actually, I might need to cull some that I don't wear so much any more. This was £2 too.



I then found these 4 small cute little dressing pots, to use when I take a salad to work.  I've currently been using one for 2 or 3 years now and it is getting a bit nasty, so it will be good to replace it with one of these.  They're BPA free too, which is a plus. These cost £1.50 and should therefore last me for approximately 4-8 years, if the use of my current one is anything to go by.

Finally, I succumbed to a slightly less useful item, this small wooden leaf shaped brooch.  I just like it and at 75p it was hard to resist.



All in all a very satisfying shop. I think sticking to charity shops might be the answer for most of the things I need. Much more interesting than the bland commercial mall.







3 comments:

  1. Nice haul, we have 4 CS in our local village, I often pop into them, but it's been a while since I got a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the leaf ! Thanks for your comment, there is a lot going on and I will have more news soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found some lovely bargains. I think I would have gotten the brooch as well. It is beautiful.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete