Sunday 17 December 2017

Super Frugal Saturday

Yesterday, the second to last Saturday before Christmas, I spent being super frugal.  I didn't go out shopping, in fact, I didn't spend a single penny.  I stayed home and cleaned the house instead.

Not very exciting I know, but it's a job I haven't done for a good few weeks and I just couldn't face going away next week and then coming back to a super filthy house. The kitchen floor was particularly bad and was the final straw that shamed me into it.

Anyway, I did a thorough Weekly Home Blessing, which I haven't done for a month at least and now the house feels back under control. I don't actually know where I got the energy after a busy week, but I found it from somewhere. It made staying in to watch the Strictly final even more pleasurable,  just cosying up in my cleaned home.

The only time I did leave the house, was to let the dog take me for a walk.  Yes, it was that way round.  She took me on a very urban walk, of course, as she likes nothing better than to roam the streets of London looking for food. Bless her.

The traffic was nose to tail everywhere.  It made me very happy that I'd spent the day at home. I do enjoy an afternoon walk around Christmas time, taking in everyone's Xmas decorations and preparations. It feels very festive.

Later, I used up some ready rolled puff pastry, that was shortly going out of date, to make some mince puffs. I'd bought it a couple of weeks ago, but just hadn't got around to making them.  I've still got a pack left in the freezer, which I may take up to Yorkshire and thaw out on the way. Here they are:



Today, I did my last class at the gym until the New Year, followed by my last normal grocery shop of the year.  We only needed enough to last us until Friday night/Saturday morning, so the list wasn't too extensive or expensive. I managed to use another £10 off a £50 spend voucher at Waitrose, which was a bonus.

Later today, I'll be ironing, starting to pack, and then cooking us a simple family Christmas dinner at home, as we probably won't get chance to do this in Yorkshire, as we'll be out and about visiting most of the time, and it's not so easy in a different house with different appliances. First of all though, I'll be watching a cheesy Christmas movie, which has become my new Christmas tradition on Sunday afternoons in December.

I hope you're having a relaxing Sunday.

Hope you have had a lovely weekend too.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds as if your Saturday was perfect.

    Enjoy your early Christmas meal and your lovely get away.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie, I hope you have a wonderful family Christmas.

      Delete
  2. Hello Ann, your mince puffs look so delicious. I always feel more relaxed when the house is a bit cleaner & tidier too. I hope you have a lovely Christmas & trip away ... thanks for your visit to my blog & the lovely comment you left me. Take care Ann.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie, have a wonderful Christmas and best wishes for 2018.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment Rosemary. Have a wonderful Christmas and best wishes for 2018.

    ReplyDelete