Tuesday 12 December 2017

A Little Christmas Shopping Spree

On Tuesday last week, after spending Monday afternoon and evening putting up the Christmas tree and decorations, I decided to run a few errands, which included taking a box and bag to the local CS, as there were Christmas items in them that I thought they'd be able to sell in the next couple of weeks.

Whilst dropping them off, something in the window caught my eye.  As I'd gone out without any money, I asked if they could hold on to this particular item for me and I'd be back a little later with some money to buy it.  Thankfully they said they would.

I returned home, grabbed my bag and within half an hour I was back at the CS.  I decided whilst there that I may as well look around the whole shop.  Big mistake.  I managed to spend £15 including the item I originally went in for. 

The item in question was a lovely wreath.  I had just the spot for it above the shelf that OH put up for me the other week.  The hook from the picture that had previously hung there was still in situ, and made the space look bare and  unfinished. 




The wreath filled the space perfectly and gave the room a lovely festive feel. At £4.50 I thought it was a rather nice addition to my Xmas decorations (although it is a little plasticky when you look at it more closely).

I'm afraid I didn't stop there. I've been wanting to buy some new baubles for a while and was intending to visit TK Maxx and buy some fancy ones this year, but in the end I managed to dress the tree with what we already had. 


When I saw this box of white and silver glass baubles for £2.50, however, it seemed too good to miss, so that came home with me too. I'm in the process of changing up my Xmas décor, so I'll gradually add to what is now left after lots of decluttering, as I see things I like.



Talking of adding, I bought this fancy glass bauble from the CS too for £1 and this brand new glitter twig star for £2, which is now hung on the living room door.





I did also buy a couple of other things, one of which was this sweet little white ceramic vase/jug for £2.50. It will look great with a sprig of holly or other festive foliage in it.


I also bought two books for £1.50 (as I've run out of anything interesting to read) and this tiny Santa and reindeer ornament for 50p, which I have a very specific use in mind for. I'll let you know at some point what it is, but to give you a clue it involves using up some of what's left of my stash of Xmas fabric.

So another CS haul post, but with a (White) Christmas theme this time.



On the subject of Christmas, I popped into Primark that same afternoon and bought myself these cute Christmas earrings to wear at the shop over the next few weeks, as I like to make an effort to get into the Christmas spirit at this time of year.

I enjoyed my little splurge and it was the only chance I had that week to do any non-grocery shopping of any kind, so I made the most of it, as I was back at work the next day for most of the remainder of the week.

How are you doing with your Christmas shopping?

4 comments:

  1. I really like your choices of decorations. We have changed our tree decks over the past few years and add a couple of new baubles every year. Pretty much sorted now and wrapped up under the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely ornaments, and you are so right the wreath finishes off that empty space perfectly.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely finds. I do like the wreath.
    Just about finished here although I need to get into town on my own at some point and pick up some gifts for my daughter to unwrap on Christmas morning. She had a wardrobe which she wanted for a big present so just some bits and bobs to top it all off.
    I am ready for the day now. I just want to huggle all my family together and spend a day of quality time with them.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just bits and bobs now to get - I think. I have those same white and silver baubles they came from John Lewis a number of years ago. I like your jug and santa - looks like you got some good bargains.

    ReplyDelete