Monday 11 December 2017

A Productive Week

By my current standards, last week was quite a productive week for me. I've been so tired lately, that on my days off, I haven't really achieved much at all, but this week was a bit different.

On Monday, the Christmas tree and the decorations went up.  This made a massive difference to how I felt about Christmas and has tipped me into actually enjoying the build up rather than feeling overwhelmed by it.

On Tuesday, I finished wrapping all of the gifts I have bought to date.  I still have a few more to buy this coming week, but I'll try to wrap them within a couple of days of buying them, so that everything is ready and prepared for our departure to Yorkshire.

Wednesday, was the least productive day on a personal level, as I was back to work and feeling a bit overwhelmed again.

On Thursday, I finally managed to get into the leave system at work and book my time off over Christmas. I was getting desperate to do this, as it's now only two weeks away. This was a big weight lifted, after 6 months of trying and failing to get it sorted.

On Friday, I managed to write most of my Christmas cards. There were a few I didn't get around to, mainly because I ran out of actual cards and had to buy some more from the CS on Saturday. I also bought the stamps I needed to send them.

I telephoned my sister on Friday night too and we caught up on each others news and made arrangements for what to give each other's daughters for Christmas, which was very useful, as I intend to finish my Xmas shopping this week.

Finally, on Saturday I posted off most of the cards I needed to send. I love that feeling of putting them in the post box and knowing the job has been (almost) completed for another year.

As a consequence, on Sunday, I could just take it easy and enjoy a homey day around the house. I think I'm going to need most of my energy at work from here on in, so it's good to get things sorted at home.

4 comments:

  1. You had a very busy week. Glad that you have everything sorted for the countdown until Christmas.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely to get jobs done and feel like you have achieved something isn't it?
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel. It all gets overwhelming. We all went into the forest and bought our tree on Sunday, Jess's birthday. It looks lovely. I've nearly finished writing Christmas cards and addressed them yesterday also wrapped presents. I had time time to do this as home poorly.
    Glad you were able to book time off so you can look forward to that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, you've done very well and I'm glad your leave is booked. Best wishes

    ReplyDelete