Monday 19 December 2016

An Unexpected Free Day

Today, for me, was an unexpected free day, which is always useful the week before Christmas. Normally, my Monday is taken up with classes at the gym followed by the weekly shop, but this week the gym was closed, so no classes, and I did the weekly shop yesterday, to take advantage of a £10 off a £50 spend voucher I had for Tesco, which was due to expire.

When I woke up, I was able to lie in bed for a while and read, which was a luxury and then get showered, have breakfast and walk the dog at my leisure, without any time restrictions.  It felt very liberating.

Once I'd done the above, I decided to do something that I've needed to do for about 5 months, namely go and get my haircut.  I really am the worst person for getting this done regularly and hadn't had it cut for about 8 months.  Anyway, I headed to Supercuts and the same lovely lady that cut it last time, did it for me again.

It feels and looks so much better. I've been having some problems with it for a long time now, which I won't go into, but just to get a few inches cut off made all the difference. It also cut out all of the old colour that I used to have in it, so I feel like I'm back to my natural self now, completely, which is an added bonus.  I couldn't face the festivities without doing it and now I feel even more ready for Christmas.

The only down side was that the lovely lady hairdresser is moving away and won't be there to do it again for me, which is sad. (For me, not her as she's getting a fresh start somewhere else!) I wished her all the best and gave her a big tip, because I really do appreciate it when I find a hairdresser who has a nice manner about them. It makes all the difference.

In other news, I won an eBay auction this morning for a much wanted piece of furniture for our bedroom.  It's a dressing table to match our bedroom furniture, that I've wanted for a few years now. I decided, that as it is now out of production, I just needed to buy one or I might miss the boat and find them difficult to come by.  I put a fairly big bid on and won with room to spare.  We're picking it up later in the week and I can't wait.

I'll let you know what it looks like when I get it home and set up in the bedroom.  It's not the best time of year to splash out, but it isn't too far to go to collect it, so I just took the opportunity whilst I could.

The rest of today I think I'm going to spend doing some more Christmas present wrapping. I want to wrap some of LB's presents while she is still at school and this is my last chance. I'll catch you later.



1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you have had a lovely and relaxing day.

    Congratulations on having the winning bid on the dressing table.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete