Monday 2 March 2015

This Weekend......

I wasn't feeling 100%, as I think I've come down with a bit of a virus.  Nothing too serious, but just a general feeling of lethargy, mouth ulcers, sore throat, earache and a mild headache.  I've managed to avoid catching a cold this winter so I knew that sooner or later something would get me.

It didn't stop me doing most things, however, and we went shopping for a new oven as planned.  I also did a bit of shopping with Little Bird who needed to buy some fabric for her Tech project at school.

You'd think that having a sewing room filled to the rafters with fabric, would mean that I'd be able to sort her out with something suitable, but no, that would be just too easy and frugal wouldn't it. Apparently, she needed felt and I didn't have a lot of that in my stash, well not of the right colour anyway.

I managed to Kondo Little Bird's clothes drawers this weekend, which now look much better.  Here's a couple of pictures. (Please excuse my toes creeping into one of the pictures - at least they were painted!)





The rest of the weekend was reasonably uneventful. The only thing that I wasn't able to do this weekend was my usual Sunday morning Aerobics class.  It's probably the most strenuous class I do all week and feeling a bit below par, I wasn't really up to the rigour of it this week, so I cancelled.  I really hate to cancel any class, but sometimes your body just lets you know it's the right thing to do.

I still had to walk the dog and then do my weekly food shop at Lidl as I normally would before and after the gym, but I went to a store nearer to my home on this occasion.

I've now also finally caught up on the holiday induced laundry mountain, which I'm very happy about indeed.  I just have to remember to fold things in the new way after I've ironed them, so that they are ready to put in the newly Kondoed drawers.  It will take a while for the habit to form, but I'm sure I'll get there eventually.

In spite of feeling a bit lethargic, the bright blue sky and sunshine on Sunday lured me into the garden for the first time in months. I hung out my first load of laundry this year and managed to complete a bit of pruning and cutting back that I never got around to doing in the autumn.  I had a bit of help from the dog, who insisted on biting some of the prunings into pieces for me whilst I was trying to cut them down to a suitable length to go in the brown bin.  So cute.  The garden's a bit bare, but I love these catkins on the corkscrew hazel.



There's even a couple of lettuce seedlings in this big tub, which have seemingly survived the winter and may be my first home grown salad of the season should they mature.



A bit of a ploddy weekend, but it was nice to just to take it a little easier and be home for the duration, getting the necessary things done.

How was your weekend?

15 comments:

  1. Sending get well soon wishes to you from me.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel up to par very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    It's still way too windy to put any laundry outside here. The windows were cleaned on Friday and after a blustery few days they're totally covered in sand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why hanging out the washing on a windy day might not be a good idea where you live. I never thought about all the sand blowing about down your way.

      Delete
  4. When you are not 100% you never feel energetic - or is that just me? lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you're right. Normally I just keep going, but in this instance I had a short break.

      Delete
  5. I'm back in the blogging world. I have been on a kondo mission too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pleased your back. Konmari seems to have taken the blog world by storm this last couple of weeks.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. Hope you are feeling better now. I was interested to see your Kondo drawers - being Kondo'd is like being Tango'd I think. I bought the book a week last Monday mainly to see what all the talk was about. I found some interesting points but found I have side stepped a bit and am not sure about the T-shirt folding I still like my piles! I did fold my leggings in this way though and put my woolly tights on edge so it is a start. I love seeing how everyone is doing there own adaptation of Konmari - I wonder what she would think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit that I have taken on some of her folding methods, but for others I have stuck with my own methods i.e. for socks and underwear, as they were very similar and suited me perfectly well.

      Delete
    2. I must admit that I have taken on some of her folding methods, but for others I have stuck with my own methods i.e. for socks and underwear, as they were very similar and suited me perfectly well.

      Delete