Monday 30 March 2015

A Few Technical Issues

Aside from yesterday, I've not been posting for a few days, mainly due to technical issues.  We're playing technological musical chairs in our house at the moment. 

OH has taken back his laptop, which I was using, as he's got a virus on his desktop that's preventing him using the software he needs to use for work.  As a consequence, I'm back to using Little Bird's netbook, which is okay, but not my favourite piece of technology.

I lost the photos I'd taken on my phone of the Ideal Home Show the other day, because I was trying to upload them onto OH's desktop and then onto a memory stick, but inadvertently deleted them all.

I managed to get back on the laptop over the weekend to load some photos from my camera, only to discover that my camera has now broken, the lens having jammed and it is now refusing to go back in.  This has now rendered my camera useless.  Luckily, I had just uploaded everything before this happened, so I was able to complete a few blog posts I was working on.

Anyway, to cut a very long and boring story short, I'm now having to use Little Bird's digital camera. She doesn't use it as she has a camera on her phone, so I might as well make use of it for the time being.

I guess if there is a silver lining to all of this, it is that at least the technology we do have in our possession is now getting used and at least we are lucky enough to have these options. 

I am, however, finding all of this technological change very trying and exhausting, technophobe that I am. It takes me a while to get used to each new change.  Please bear with me, I apologise in advance if future photos aren't the best.

1 comment:

  1. Technology can be great but equally frustrating. Is your camera fixable? I am not even sure who would mend a camera these days unless you have an old local independant camera shop.
    We are just looking to renew our home computer it is almost grinding to a halt now but I will lose my Microsoft Money program and the old Microsoft tasks as the new version of windows does not support these old programs. Sooooo annoying as Microsoft Money is still better than any of the new software available.

    ReplyDelete