Monday 22 April 2013

Loving on TV at the moment....

We don't watch a huge amount of TV, but we do like to relax of an evening and watch at least one good programme.   Lately, there have been some super series that I/we like to watch.  There's at least one good thing on most nights of the week.  Sometimes we don't manage to watch them, but when we remember we record them or watch them on iPlayer.  Here's a list of my current favourites:


Broadchurch on ITV- This drama has been a real gem.  Can't wait for the last episode tonight.  I've even been checking out people's theories of whodunnit on line this week as it has kept us in such a slowburn state of suspense.  Hoping it won't disappoint in the final episode.


The Great British Sewing Bee on BBC2 - Looking forward to the final on Tuesday.  I love the fact that it depicts sewing in all it's complexities.


The Hoarder Next Door on Channel 4 - I can't resist watching this programme as I have a susceptibility to this trait.  It helps to keep my hoarding instincts in check.  -  Not one of OH's favourites! I tape it if it clashes with Broadchurch and watch it later in the week.


Monty Don on Gardener's World on BBC2 - Friday nights just weren't the same without him.  He totally inspires me from a gardening point of view and the programme is filmed in such a beautiful way.


Arne Dahl on BBC FOUR - A Swedish detective series. Very graphic at times, making it hard to watch sometimes, but a wonderfully understated series.


The Village - Great British Sunday night viewing.  Its almost becoming a cliche having a historic drama series like this on a Sunday evening.

3 comments:

  1. Jess & I are enjoying The Syndicate. The sewing bee has been great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah he sewing bee
    ,
    I love it......I can't believe I do because I am a scruffy bastard... But I love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I can't say I've been doing any sewing lately though. I seem to get my fix watching others do it at the moment.

      Delete