Thursday 4 April 2013

A Holiday Lurgy

I seem to have come down with a bit of a cold for the start of the Easter Holidays.  Typical.  I'm snuffling and sneezing all over the place.  It's not too bad and I suppose, I've got to get one sometime over the winter.  Maybe it's the clock change that has affected me.  I dosed myself up with cherry menthol lozenges yesterday and spread decongestant on my handkerchief to help stop the runny nose.  The smell always reminds me of being a little girl and having it rubbed on my chest.  I'm hoping it's not going to be a really horrendous and debilitating one, but I might need to take it easy for a day or two and try to eat my way out of it.  Shame!  Luckily an Approved Food order arrived yesterday, with a few treats to indulge myself with over the next few days.

I also cancelled my aerobics class yesterday morning, as I didn't feel up to it, and wanted to spend time with my family in the holidays.  Sometimes a complete break from your usual routine is better than anything else, especially when you need to recouperate and take stock.  You then look forward to getting back to it, when you eventually do.  I very much feel like staying at home and pottering for the next few days.  Catching up with ironing and washing, a bit of reading, maybe some sewing and watching the TV from under a duvet, with hot milk and paracetamol.  Sometimes it is nice to have an excuse to take it easy and slow down a little.



1 comment:

  1. What a shame ! Take it easy for a few days to give yourself a chance to fight it off !
    Vic is such a nostalgic smell.

    ReplyDelete