Tuesday 2 April 2024

First Car Boot Sale Haul of 2024

On Easter Sunday morning, we had a family trip out to one of our favourite Car Boot Sales. It's about half an hour outside of London and it's the one that I go to most frequently. 

We were hoping to get an early start, but when I woke up I realised that the clocks had gone forward overnight and it was later than I thought, so we ended up getting there at 9.30 am.

It was super busy, with lots of stalls and it was great to have a wander round and see what everyone was selling. I didn't quite have time to look at every stall, so I focussed on those that were selling things that I was more interested in. I still managed to have fun though and find a few bargains.

Most of my purchases were plants. I bought a few indoor and a few outdoor plants. The indoor plants included this Mistletoe Cactus:



I've never had one of these before. It now resides in the bathroom, as the seller told me it likes humidity. I really like it and for £1 it was very good value. I also bought a small aloe vera from this seller too for £1.

The rest of the plants I bought from a designated plant seller. I bought this pot of blue hyacinths for £1 which was a bargain: 



I'm looking forward to it fully flowering. I also bought two hellebore plants for £5 and two ferns for £7. I thought that these were quite good prices for perennial plants and I look forward to putting them in the garden at some point. I don't know what colour the hellebores are, as on the label there are a variety of colours. It will be a nice surprise to find out, when they eventually flower.



OH also bought some vegetable plants for the allotment, i.e. some tomato plants, cucumber plants and a courgette plant, so he was happy too. Here's a picture of them all in a box:


Aside from plants, I bought a couple of items of clothing for £1 each, which included a black shirt from M&S that I may wear for work in the summer months and a black jumpsuit/lightweight dungarees which fit like a dream. I love them.  They will be great to wear in the summer with a t-shirt or vest underneath. I didn't photgraph these, as black items can be difficult to see in detail on photographs.


I also bought some Elf face cream with SPF 30 for £1 (I bought two of these), as I don't currently have any skincare with SPF, so this should be useful in the summer. I'm hoping the SPF works. I also bought a W7 mascara from the same seller for £1. I use quite a few different makeup products from this brand and I really like them.


Other than this I just bought a few useful bits and pieces that mainly cost 50p each, such as these rolls of branded sellotape and these multicoloured permanent marker pens.


The final bargain of the day were these three plant pots for £1. I'm always needing plant pots to pot on my houseplants as they grow bigger and these were perfect. Here's some of my plants potted on into them:


Unfortunately, the green one in the centre has a hairline crack in it, but I'm still using it as it is very pretty.

So, we had a great morning out, but had to leave after a couple of hours to get home for something we had planned later in the day. It was a lovely outing though and I look forward to the next one.

Have you been to any Car Boot Sales lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment