Wednesday 21 February 2024

Sewing Room Spruce Up - Part 2 - Making Some Progress

It's been a couple of weeks since I posted that I wanted to re-organise the under desk area in the sewing room and I've managed to make quite a bit of progress. Once again, here's the before photo of this part of the room:


I won some more wooden IKEA drawers on an eBay auction, which ended up costing me £16, plus £4 for sample pots to paint them with. I got straight onto the job and they were finished and ready to use within a couple of days. I transferred the contents of the metal drawers into them and they are now insitu underneath the set I found on the street.

With a bit of rearrangement, I was able to make this space a lot more organised and streamlined. It's still pretty cluttered, but in a more organised way that gives me more room to work at the desk. Here's what it looks like now:


There's still stuff under the desk, but I have got more leg room now and I was happy with the outcome of this part of the makeover.

I then went on to try to re-organise my fabrics which are housed in a chest of drawers. I'd pulled out lots of fabrics to use them recently and I'd not really put them back tidily, so some of the drawers were a bit messy. I've now gone through all of the drawers and re-folded all the fabric to get it to fit in and utilise the space better. Here are some photos:




I've now just got to re-organise the fabric that I keep in boxes on the shelves here:



These boxes have been a great temporary solution. I bought them for £4 each from ASDA quite a few years ago now and they were a super cheap solution at the time. However, the shape of the boxes does not make them ideal for fabric storage, so I'm looking out for something a bit more suitable, that also looks a bit better. I have a plan for re-using these boxes, so they will be used for another purpose eventually. 

I'll keep you posted with progress on these shelves.

2 comments:

  1. It's all looking tidy, I do like to be able to see my stash, it means I can use more, simply because I can find things. Can't wait to see what you make next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just been having a clear out of craft things and letting things go that I know I will not have time to make or are surplus to requirements. It has been quite a difficult job with a lot of humming and harring on my part. Your room looks so much neater in the after shot it was well worth doing and will have also been a reminder of what fabrics you have.

    ReplyDelete