Wednesday 21 February 2024

Making Use of Another Street Find

As you probably know by now, I'm a sucker for a street find, and where I live, people are always putting things out on the street when they don't need/want them any longer.



The other week, I was walking the dog and I happened upon this plywood Virgin wine box. It had been left out on a night when it rained heavily, so it was a bit wet. (A few days on OH's underfloor heated office and it had dried out perfectly) I carried it home with me, as when I looked inside, it was compartmentalised and I was sure I could make good use of it for something.

After letting it dry out, I took it up to the sewing room, as this is the place where I probably have most need of good storage at the moment. I had an idea that it might be just what I needed to house all of my ink stamps.

They were currently housed in another box, which didn't fit all of them in, and I figured it would be good to get them all into one container. I removed one of the sections (they'd both got a little warped by getting wet, but were still useable. 

When I tried my stamps and ink pads in there, they all fitted perfectly. 


I then just needed to paint the red lid, to make it blend better with the storage I already had in the room and I stuck some pretty paper on it. 



I'm very happy with the outcome. These items can now be moved from under the desk, to somewhere else. I repurposed the box they were in to put my small travel iron in, that I sometimes use when sewing. 

Baby steps to creating a better crafting space.

1 comment:

  1. Great find, and a wonderful storage space for your stamping things.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete