Saturday 10 February 2024

A Productive Week - Part 2 - W/E 10/2/24

This week has so far passed in a relative flurry of activity on my part, which has been rare in recent months. I think having a few days off over the weekend allowed me to recover from what has been a very busy period and I came out of the other side feeling much more motivated and energised. In part one of this week's post, I mentioned what I'd got up to at the beginning of the week. This post will carry on where the last one left off on Wednesday of this week.

On Wednesday, I got out early with the dog again, so I had 45 minutes before I needed to head to Soca Aerobics. I decided to make it count and set about sorting the death pile on the top landing.  Here's a picture:


It's the place I put everything that I want to donate and it builds up over time. It was looking a bit unruly, so I wanted to get it in some sort of order.  It didn't take long and looked a lot better afterwards. At least everything is boxed and bagged up ready to go. I did add some clothes to the pile the following day, so it is now slightly bigger.

I walked to my class. It was a different teacher this week, but she gave us a good class. It took me to over 10,000 steps before lunchtime.

In the afternoon, I decided to tackle the ironing basket, as we'd run out of kitchen/tea towels, as they were all sat in the basket. I then put all the laundry away, so that's another job I managed to get up to date with. I was at work in the evening and it was busy, as the section I was working on needed a lot of work.

On Thursday, I had nothing planned, not even a dog walk, as OH was taking her out, so I had the whole day to do as I pleased. It was filthy wet outside, so it was a day to spend inside at home. I decided to carry out a big wardrobe declutter. I've been struggling to get anything in and out of the wardrobe lately, as it was so full and some of the items in it, I probably don't wear and won't wear again now that I've lost weight. 

I decided to be very methodical and ruthless. I tried on almost every single item of clothing in the wardrobe, (save for a handful of things I knew I wanted to keep). Anything that was way too big either went in storage if I still really liked it, or was donated if I didn't. I'm not taking for granted that I can keep the weight I've lost off and I don't want to struggle for clothing if I do put some weight back on. Hopefully, I won't, but who knows what might happen in the future.

Anyway, it took about 3 hours, but by then end I'd accumulated a big pile to donate and the space in the wardrobe was much easier to navigate. In order to make room to store the clothes I didn't yet want to part with, I went through a stored bag of clothing, that I've kept from when I was a smaller size. I tried on everything in that bag too and was so happy to find that the vast majority of the items now fitted me. A few made their way back into my wardrobe and some were transferred to the summer clothing bag, that is also stored away. I will go through this bag when the time to get the summer clothes out comes around. I'm sure there'll be lots more things in there that are way too big for me now.  I'm looking forward to wearing some of the items that now fit me when the weather warms up.

A few things in the storage bag were still very slightly snug, so they went back into storage until I've lost a bit more weight and then I'll try them on again. I can't explain how lovely it was to know that I could now fit into most of the stored clothes. Some of them are like old friends and some I've never actually fitted into since I bought them, believe it or not.  Just goes to show you can never say never, although I've wanted to lose weight for a long time, I never thought I'd be successful in doing it.

By the time I'd finished it was 3pm and I just had time to make a late lunch before I needed to get ready for work. Work was busy. It's constantly busy on the section I work, to try to get everything tidy by the end of the shift.

In other news, I received a couple of Tesco clubcard vouchers through the post on Thursday, giving me £8 off my next shop there, regardless of how much I spend. These will come in very useful. Certainly not to be sniffed at.

On Friday, I had a bit of a lie in, as I often find it hard to get to sleep when I work until 10pm. I didn't really want to get out of bed, if I'm honest, but once I did I went into the bathroom and decided to give it a deep clean. It's been bugging me for a while, but I've just not had the motivation. It felt good to get on top of it. Another job done. 

Later, I continued the cleaning by vacuuming and mopping all down the stairs and the hallway. It doesn't take too long, but does make a big difference when you come in the door. I've got a lot more cleaning to do in the house, so this was a start at least.

I had a late lunch again before work. I'm finding that having a late lunch before work, is working well for me and makes me much less hungry towards the end of the shift, which is good. It's difficult to do on days when I've been to the gym though, as I come home ravenous and need to eat lunch straight away.

On Saturday, I went along to the free gym session in the morning. I really enjoyed it and had a pretty good workout. I had my now usual weekend breakfast later. I find I really look forward to eating something different for breakfast on the weekend. A small habit change, but it is very enjoyable.

I was feeling a bit grumpy on Saturday afternoon, because of something that happened when I got back from the gym, which I won't go into here. Nothing to do with myself or OH, it was a third party that put me in a grumpy mood. To soothe myself, I took myself off to the sewing room for the afternoon, as it is my happy place.

I did a bit of sorting, with a view to reorganising the space a little. (More in another post coming soon). I then proceeded to make the second, much bigger project bag from the fabric I made the other day. Here's a picture of how it turned out:


This bag is very big. It currently has the grey quilt I'm making inside it and the fabric I'm currently using to make it, and there is still plenty of space.  This is a good bag for projects that are well on their way to being completed or that I am using lots of different fabrics to make. I was happy with the outcome.

I also started making a third bag, again this one is going to be quite a large one, as the one that is currently housing my star quilt will not be big enough for much longer. This one is being made with navy, green and brown fabric scraps, some of which were left over from making small quilts for our dog. This time, I just sewed lots of random scraps together. I didn't lay out all of the pieces first. I'm just kind of making it up as I go along and hoping for the best. I'll let you know when I progress further with it.

I wasn't working again on Saturday night, so I made us a meal of beef burgers with sweetcorn cobs and roasted new potatoes. It made a lovely change. Later, we planned to settle down to watch a series on Prime called Expats, that we started watching last week. It stars Nicole Kidman and is quite good.

It's been a very productive week this week. I wish every week could be just as productive. The house would be in a much better state if it was. I hope you've had a good week.




2 comments:

  1. So sorry that something made you feel grumpy. I would say ignore it, but would probably have done the same thing you did.
    I really love the scrap fabric project bags.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's strange how we get productive days, with all my bugs I am doing nothing in the house, just sewing and reading.

    ReplyDelete