Monday 26 September 2022

Sunday Morning at the Car Boot Sale

On Sunday morning, OH and I headed out to visit a favourite car boot sale in Hertfordshire. By the time we got there, it was about 10.30am, which was quite late for a car boot sale, so whilst I went for a look around the stalls, OH walked the dog.

I did my usual of taking just £10 with me to spend. There's not much we need, but it's nice to have a browse and pick up a few bits. I spent a little more than this, i.e. £15, as OH gave me another £5, most of which I spent of fruit and vegetables at one of the stalls.

The remaining £10 was spent on the following:


Gorilla Super Glue £2 for two tubes.  


A cosy long sleeved leopard print top for £2 and a black thermal t-shirt for 50p, which will be good for layering up in the winter months.


A pair of grey fabric gloves for 50p. These were new in their packaging.

I bought a few large and a couple of small plastic plant pots for potting on plants I have, but don't have pots of the necessary size, for £1.  These always come in useful.

Finally, the rest of my money was spent on some jewellery for crafts. I spent about £4 on these and I bought them with a specific project in mind.  One bag, which cost £2, had quite a few glass beads in it, which is what I was ideally looking for. There was quite a variety in all, that should get me started on this project. I'll post about it when I do get around to doing it.


When I got home, I removed all of the beads from the necklaces and bracelets and I ended up with a tub full of beads of multiple sizes and colours. They were a real mixture with some glass, metal, ceramic, plastic and wooden. 

A couple of necklaces that I bought for the beads, and which cost just 50p each, I couldn't bring myself to dismantle, so I've kept them for now, as they are too nice to cut up.  I may succumb at some point, as I don't think I'll actually wear them.


After the car boot sale, OH and I stopped off at a pub for lunch on the way home which was a nice treat. It's rare that he's not cycling on a Sunday morning, so when he isn't, we like to go out and do something together.

1 comment:

  1. You did very well at the sale. I don't think that I would have cut up those necklaces either, they are very nice.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete