Sunday 20 February 2022

A Bit of a Catch Up

The last couple of weeks have been a bit busy, so I didn't get around to posting.

Work, has been okay. A couple of weeks ago we had another visit from the charity's Visual Merchandiser, who always cheers me up. The shop closed for a day and we moved around of some of the sections. It was a lot of hard work, but the shop looked good afterwards.

We haven't been getting that many donations lately, so things have eased up a bit and I got the chance to do lots of different things and more corners of the stockroom got cleared. I'm now on another week's annual leave until 1st March, so it's nice to have some time at home again, catching up with unfinished projects and keeping on top of housework.

Yesterday, I worked on an unfinished quilt project for most of the day. I'm hoping to get it finished or at least get to the point where I only need to hand sew the binding onto it, as that can be done when I'm watching TV in an evening. It feels good to be making progress with these things again, as they've been kicking around untouched for months now.

A couple of weeks ago, we had new sash windows fitted to the front of the house. Here's a picture of the house before:

and after.


It doesn't look that different in the photographs, but it should be a lot more economical now we've got double glazing. It is also much more soundproof which is an added bonus.  The whole front of the house now needs re-painting and the dead climber needs removing from around the upstairs windows, but we'll get around to it eventually.

Everywhere inside, is now covered in a layer of dust, but I'm not cleaning it up until OH has finished off the trims on the inside of the windows, upstairs and down, as more dirt and dust will build up while he is working on them.

In the last couple of days, I've started a new health kick. I'm not going to say much about it at this point, as I may not stick to it, but I'm hoping to form new habits that will help me lose weight and that will just generally help to make me feel better about myself. We'll see.

I've got  a few things planned during my week off and we're hoping to get away for a couple of days towards the end of this week. We were going to go this weekend, but Storm Eunice hit, so it didn't seem a good time to go to the coast. Also, it's currently half term and prices are sky high with little availability.  It would be good to have a little break though. 

I hope that you all came through the stormy weather without too many problems.


2 comments:

  1. I am up to hand sewing the binding on my quilt as well. Hope to start that tomorrow afternoon.

    Double glazing will really help with heating bills.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your windows look good (nice Bay Window!!)and hopefully much warmer!
    I hope you get away- definitely makes a difference!
    Not too much storm damage for us personally as far as I can see so far- the only storm damage is from a clumsy husband who managed to drop the iron and chip the laminate floor, break a wooden hanger and generally make a mess!

    ReplyDelete