Tuesday 24 November 2020

Cherryz Online Haul

After seeing a few Cherryz hauls on YouTube over the last couple of weeks, I was curious as to what the site was actually like and decided to take a look myself. Not being able to visit Poundland during lockdown, as I don't think it's open (I might be wrong here), being able to shop from a similar online shop appealed.

I initially started to take a look on my computer without downloading the app, but was kind of tricked into downloading the app in order to get free delivery, which I didn't actually get. It was like the Amazon Prime trial -  you get a free trial for a month followed by paying £12 per year for free delivery, so I didn't use it, in case I forget to cancel it.  Anyway, downloading the app on my computer was pretty straightforward and it did enable me to get a 15% discount on my first order. I'm not sure if this was offered if you don't download the app though.

I had a good scroll through and managed to spend over £40. I have to admit that half of this was on just two items that I bought with Christmas in mind. 


The order was delivered 4 days later and came with lovely Cherryz branded tissue paper on top and only brown paper to fill the box out.  No annoying unnecessary packaging, which was good.

One of the above mentioned Christmas items was a perfume for me, namely Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea with Cherry Blossom. It cost £10 for 100ml, which I thought was quite reasonable. I usually use the original Green Tea perfume, but I'm running out, so I got this one for OH to give me for Xmas. I was a bit worried that I might not like the scent, but on receiving it, I found that it doesn't actually smell that different from the original, so I was happy with it.


The second item I bought with Christmas in mind was a set of 200 Warm White outdoor fairy lights with a timer that allows you to time them to come on for 6 hours per day/evening. They appealed because they are battery operated (4 x AA batteries), so no wires or plug in and I've wanted some lights for our little real Xmas tree on the decking for a while. They were probably a bit more than I would have liked to pay for them, but I'm really hoping that they will be well worth the price for the convenience. These cost £10 too.


Other than these things, most of what I bought were food or household items. Mainly snacks and treats, but some staples too. Here's some pictures of the other things I ordered:


Snacks and treats

Miscellaneous food and household items

Other items

Delivery cost £3, which is reasonable enough, but I did save over £6.50 with the 15% off my first order offer, which more than covered it. Delivery was within 3 to 5 days and the order did arrive in this time, but you can pay more and get it delivered the next day. Not something I would really ever do on a discount site, as it contradicts the frugality of using a discount site.

In addition, when you order from the site, you are given 2 reward points for every £1 you spend, which can then be exchanged for free reward items, which are a selection of items that are also on sale on the site. I assume they change all the time. You can use the points up on your next order I think. I gained 76 reward points, which would have got me the choice of one a few things from the site, which is an added bonus. Not sure if they'll still be offered if I order again, but then again, there might be something I like better.

I would recommend giving the site a try, even if only for the discount on your first order. Only one item in the order was incorrect, the calendar.  What was sent was not what I ordered, but this may have been because they had run out of the one I ordered. I would place an order again in the future.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an interesting site. Pretty sure we don't have anything like that here in Canada, but perhaps some research is in the future.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete