Monday 12 October 2020

Weekend Catchup

I had a very pleasant weekend this weekend, mainly because it was my birthday, but also because I finally got to go to a solo dance class after 6 months of not dancing. I noticed the other day that classes had started up again - socially distanced, of course - so I booked myself on the next one, which just happened to be on my birthday. What a great present to myself, I thought, and it was. 

The venue has patio doors that open into an outside courtyard, so I made sure to position myself right next to them in the socially distanced spaces. It was also useful in case I got hot and sweaty too, of course. The class was very tricky, but got my brain thinking about dancing again, which was good. I felt a little stiff later in the evening, but it has almost worn off now. I'm not sure how many more I might get to before dance classes and gyms are closed again, but even if it was just the once, it was great. 

I also had to go and collect some items I bought on eBay on the morning of my birthday. It was a 2 hour round trip, but I was very happy with the items, which were vintage cobbler's lasts, that I am going to use as door stops. I'll post a picture on my next Random eBay Purchases post. The seller was a lovely gentleman and it was a nice drive out, so a pleasant way to spend the morning. 

I'm typing this post on my birthday present - my new Chromebook. OH ordered and collected it after our trip to the mall on Friday. It's very nice, quite easy to use, although I'm not sure I know exactly what I'm doing just yet. I don't seem to be having the problems I had on Windows with using different browsers, which makes life so much easier and the sound is much gentler too, which has the advantage of disturbing OH less in his basement office, when I'm watcing YouTube videos in the kitchen. Obviously, he's very happy about that. 

I also got some chocolate, a couple of new books that I picked myself and am looking forward to reading (one about Stoicism and the other the latest book by Naomi Klein), plus some spirits, which is my perfect kind of birthday. Part of my present from LB was a haircut, which I got when I got back from my dance class. It's maybe a little short for pinning up in pin curls, but it will grow. Otherwise it's great and so much cheaper and easier than going to the hairdresser. I might employ her on a regular basis in future and give her some money to do it. It just feels great to get rid of all the straggly ends and for it to feel light and healthy again. 

We were going to go out to eat in the evening, but as I'd been out all day for one reason or another, we decided to stay in and do something that we never do, order a take away Wagamama. As soon as it came I realised why we never order take out, so much plastic to recycle. We probably won't do it again. 

After a pretty sleepless night with a poorly dog (stomach upset), today, I'm on another day off, so I'm taking it easy. I took the dog for a nice leisurely walk this morning and then continued on to ASDA to do a top up shop. Every time I go out, which isn't often, I find it so busy everywhere. It's as if nothing has or is happening. I guess people are making the most of freedom while they have it, although I don't think we'll be fully locked down again like last time, this time around. 

This afternoon I've got at least four washloads of ironing to do, so I'd better go and do it. 

Hope you're having a Happy Monday.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely birthday you got to enjoy. I would think you would be a bit stiff if you hadn't danced for 6 months.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I get your woes about the recycling. Thankfully, the lovely Chinese takeaway near to us lets me take my own containers when I go which makes me feel so happy that I have reused these same containers a plethora of times but other places like chains say no.
    Ahrgh, all that ironing!
    I am so glad you had that solo dance class for your birthday present (many happy returns!) - I'd have loved to have done that- I miss dancing!

    ReplyDelete