Friday 9 October 2020

As Promised

As promised here are a couple of photos of the rather large teddy bears donated to the shop.





As you can see they are both pretty huge and yes they are originally from Harrods, so also very posh bears. Hence why so special. I'm not sure who's going to buy them, but they are pretty adorable and in very good condition.

Today, it's another of my days off and OH and I have been to the local mall to look at Chromebooks, as OH has offered to buy me one for my birthday.  I've been having a few problems with my current netbook, as the windows operating system is far too cumbersome for the storage on it and makes it very slow and laborious.

As a consequence, I'm upgrading to a slightly larger machine, i.e. 14" as opposed to 11.6" and more storage, i.e. 64GB instead of 32. I'm looking forward to getting used to the slightly different keyboard and hopefully faster operating. It's not expensive, at just over £200, but to be honest there wasn't much availability in lower priced chromebooks, so I've gone with the same brand I have already.

The keyboard on my machine is also suffering from wear and tear, as I am notoriously heavy handed when typing and some buttons are starting to stick and are difficult to use, so it's probably the right time for a change, all things considered.

In addition to checking out netbooks, I also dropped into Waitrose to use another £8 off a £40 spend voucher.  This time I bought a bottle of Tattinger Champagne for LB's 18th Birthday in January and some Pink Gin, also for LB.  I picked up some chocolates for the Christmas tree too, and got a free newspaper for OH to boot. I've got one more chance to use one of the remaining vouchers on Sunday, so I think another visit might be in order, possibly for some more Christmas booze presents. I figure I might as well save money where and when I can, seems silly not to.

What started out as a bright and sunny day, has now turned into a grey and rainy one, so this afternoon will be spent in the house, drinking tea, reading John Lewis's free At Home catalogue that I picked up this morning, catching up on jobs and enjoying time away from work. Small simple pleasures are always the most enjoyable and after a couple of hours at a busy mall, I'm just happy to be at home and away from crowded places.

How's your Friday?


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Look at the size of them, how gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always so relieved to be home after the train journeys.
    Wow, those bears are HAAAAAAAAAAAUGE! You'd have to have a very fancy house to house those!

    ReplyDelete