Sunday 4 October 2020

Getting Back to Normal

After two pretty tiring and stressful weeks at work whilst the Shop Manager was away, life seems to be returning to some sort of normality. I'm still a little tired after the stress of being in charge of the shop, but I am gradually sleeping it off and managing to get on with small jobs around the house that got put on hold.

The first nagging job, was to put some stuff in the loft, that had been sat on the landing for many months. I managed to buy some storage boxes from work for this purpose and once I'd transferred the contents into them, it was a quick job for OH to get on a ladder and put them out of sight.

Ideally, we don't like to store stuff in the loft, but these were boxes of Lego, Playmobil and Sylvanian Families outgrown by my daughter, which we just didn't want to part with just yet, as we've spent a lot of money on them over the years, so up in the loft they went, out of sight, out of mind.  The landing now almost looks bare in comparison, but bare is good as we're hoping to re-decorate the hallway and landings next.

The original storage boxes used to house them, I decided to re-use to tidy up another landing, namely the one outside our bedroom door, where I still store some baby items that I can't bear to part with. Yes, there's quite a lot, but I do go through them periodically and let go of more each time.

I managed to fit most of the contents of the very large box and bag into two of the storage bins and I think it now looks more streamlined than before, which is an improvement. These boxes could also be put in the loft I guess, which we may do at some point in the future.

Another job tackled was to finally get around to filling the new display cabinet in the living room.  I bought it over a month ago and the job dragged out a bit, but is now completed thankfully. There is very little left to do to the living room now, so a makeover and reveal post will be coming very soon.

My autumn/winter wardrobe changeover was also completed this last week and out came all the sweaters, scarves, coats, etc. now that the weather has taken a colder turn.  I needed to be a bit warmer when cycling in to work, so the sooner I did it the better, as it had gone past the point of my being able  to commute in just a t-shirt. It's always a bit of a squeeze to get everything into the wardrobe, as winter clothes tend to be much thicker, but I did manage to declutter a good few items that I no longer want to wear and these were taken to the clothing bank.

Finally, I've started to add lots of small things to my shopping basket when I'm out grocery shopping, towards Christmas and Christmas presents, so I feel I'm finally getting ready for the months ahead. It may be a strange Christmas this year, we're playing it by ear and not going too mad with presents for family, in case we don't manage to get to Yorkshire to visit them and have to post the presents instead.

Progress has been made. Are you ready for the change in the seasons?

2 comments:

  1. I did my wardrobe changeover as well this week.

    Sounds as if you had a busy time off.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just purchased the ingredients for my christmas cake, I have 2 to make. I have knitted socks this year for gifts, we have all agreed on just 1 small gift each to ease the pain of shopping.

    ReplyDelete