Saturday 1 September 2018

Earn/Save and Extra 2018 in 2018 - August

This month I have managed to save/earn extra money as follows:

1) I saved £4.50 by utilising some Tesco Club Card and other vouchers this month, when I did a grocery shop. 

Although I've previously mentioned not using supermarket vouchers, I meant this mainly with regard to Waitrose vouchers, on account of the store being much more expensive than other supermarkets for many items.  I do shop at Tesco from time to time, as Lidl doesn't sell some items that I buy on a regular basis and these therefore have to be bought elsewhere.

Total saved at Tesco this month - £4.50.

2) I sold a few more items on eBay and made £18.83 after fees and postage had been taken out.

Total earned on eBay - £18.83

Total saved/earned this month is £23.33, which when added to the total at the end of last month of £807.31, means that I've now earned/saved an extra  £830.64 so far this year.

With four months to go on this challenge, I am still hoping to get to at least the £1000 mark for the year, which would be a good enough achievement for me.

I may start trying to ramp up eBay sales in the lead up to Christmas, if I can get my act together, as I'd like to earn enough money to buy some new sofa covers in the next few months. (More in another post)

2 comments:

  1. Just catching up on your last 3 posts - I seem to be always playing catch up at the moment but free time for me is very hard to find at the moment! You are doing great on the savings - our eBay sales have come to a halt at the moment as we have been coming and going so much. We are just getting around to preparing some more items for listing - just missed an offer too so might wait and see if eBay have any other offers soon. Christmas is such a tricky time - everyone wanting to do different things. It seems to become more and more pointless buying gifts that no one really wants. Now I am not working we will be on a very tight budget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to keep Christmas very simple this year. We'll see how that goes!

      Delete