Friday 1 June 2018

Earn/Save £2,018 in 2018 - May

Once again it's been a difficult month with regard to earning and saving extra money. Having tackled some of the major areas of my finances, there is little scope to make any more big changes, other than to continue to sell off unwanted possessions and save money where possible on groceries and other expenditures.  Unfortunately, such activities don't really generate huge savings or earnings.  In spite of this, here's what I managed to earn/save this month.

1) I saved £2 on a top up shop at M & S this month by using a voucher I received as a consequence of being a shareholder.

Total saved at M & S - £2.00

2) I saved £10 by using money off grocery shops at Waitrose this month, plus another £2 by getting a free newspaper with my My Waitrose card.

Total saved at Waitrose - £12.

3) I sold a few more items on eBay this month, earning a total of £13.32.

Total earned on eBay - £13.32.

4) I saved £2.99 on postage on an ASOS order, by adding a small treat for LB to my order to avoid postage costs.  I'd rather spend the postage money on her, than give it to ASOS.

Money saved - £2.99.

5) I saved £22.00 by using money off grocery shop vouchers and Club Card vouchers at Tesco this month, after a new batch arrived through the post.

Money saved - £22.00


In total, I have earned/saved £52.31 this month, which when added to the total so far this year of £688.25, means that the new running total now stands at £740.56. I'm now falling behind target with this challenge, but will try to persevere and continue to do my best. If I only reach extra savings/earnings of £1000 this year, they will have been worth making.


No comments:

Post a Comment