Sunday 3 June 2018

A Week Off

Well, this week I've had a lovely relaxing week off work. I finished work on a Friday night and spent the first day of my week off at Chelsea Flower Show, which was a real treat.

On the first Sunday, I caught a class at the gym and when LB returned from a practice expedition for her Duke of Edinburgh Award, we headed off up north to visit family in Yorkshire.  We stayed just a couple of nights, and then we came back down to London on Tuesday.

The remainder of the week I have spent at home, reading, pottering, doing odd jobs, catching the odd class at the gym and just generally enjoying my time off. I had a bit of a splurge at H&M whilst out grocery shopping on Thursday.  I needed some new summer clothing, mostly tops to wear for work. I probably spent about £55, but I got 7 items for this amount and I'll wear all of them for work this summer, as some of my existing clothing was looking very tatty and scruffy and needed replacing.

I had intended to blitz the house during my week off, but when it came to it, I didn't get started until this Saturday, when I managed to blitz downstairs. Upstairs still needs doing, but I did manage to catch up on most of the laundry and ironing, which is good.

I did quite a lot of reading of a book I bought from the CS before I went off on leave. It is called Money - Master the Game, by Tony Robbins and is a book I've heard a lot about and was interested to read myself.  I found it quite compulsive reading and although it's a very thick book, I managed to get more than half way through it during my week off. It gave me some great ideas about investing, which I might put into action in the next few months.

I also managed to spend an afternoon at the allotment on Saturday. There was an event on at the Boxing Club next door with a DJ, so I had great music to listen to whilst I worked and people going into the event kept stopping to chat to me which was nice. I managed to get the whole plot weeded, planted up and more seeds sown, so I was happy about that.  OH put the tomato plants in last week and they seem to be doing pretty well. I also harvested our first salad crop from the raised beds in the garden this week, the first of many I hope.

LB completed her expedition for her Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award this weekend.  I'm very proud of her. I think it was tough for her.  A lot of walking with a heavy rucksack. She was very happy to get home.  She's got a week of exams now, which isn't great timing.

I'm heading back to work tomorrow I think, possibly for a meeting, otherwise it will be Wednesday when I start back proper. I'll know for definite when I speak to the Manager today. I'm hoping it's not been too stressful a week for him. I know I'm going to be very busy going back, so I'm trying to prepare mentally for it. Things are constantly changing at work and it's a job just keeping up with the changes at the moment. I'm sure I'll be back in the swing of it within a couple of days.

4 comments:

  1. You had a lovely week off, it sounds as if you had a great time. Household chores will always be there, you can finish them up later.

    Congratulations to LB on getting her bronze Duke of Edinburgh award. That is an accomplishment as it isn't easy.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good week off, pleased to hear you found time to fit in some reading. Congratulations to LB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. were off to yorkshire next week its our favorite ,Eileen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a successful week off! Well done to LB on the DoE achievements! My husband does that with his school.
    Well done to you for getting the weeding done!

    ReplyDelete