Thursday 14 June 2018

Catch Up

Apologies for the lack of blog posts lately. I returned to work last week after my week off and had meetings on two days that took me out of the shop and caused me to work an extra day that week. 

This week, I'm working my normal three days, but we've been busy trying to get caught up, as stock built up a little in my absence.  When I left work yesterday evening, things were looking a little better, but as always there's still lots of work to be done and it only takes a couple of large donations for things to fill up again.

Wednesday was in fact a bit of a disaster day for me outside of work, maybe because it was the 13th, who knows. It started off on the dog walk when the dog got bitten by another dog. It wasn't anything serious, more of a nip really, but boy she did squeal. No broken skin though, so no harm done. 

I've been riding my bike to the bus stop this week, as there have been road closures locally and I thought it would be easier than taking the car because of the ensuing chaos. The only trouble was, on Wednesday morning I managed to reset the code on my bike lock accidentally whilst trying to lock it and then couldn't undo the lock. I had to just leave it and hope for the best when I got off the bus later that day.

When I did get off the bus on the way home, of course, I couldn't undo the lock, so I had to leave my bike where it was overnight. I then jumped on a bus to get the rest of the way home and got involved when a man collapsed and looked like he was having a fit of some kind. I managed to get him onto the floor and onto his side and then someone rang an ambulance, so I was a little late home, as I stayed on the bus until they came. A very eventful day.

Today, things are a little calmer and after my usual gym class, OH and I returned to my bike to find that the lock had been undone by someone overnight, but they had left the bike in situ, probably because it's not worth stealing. It is a real wreck. I only keep it and use it as I don't want to use my new bike in case it gets stolen. OH was hoping that someone might have stolen it, so that I wouldn't have to bring it home again. Tough luck to him.

This afternoon, I'm spending time at home, catching up on ironing, washing, putting the bins out and generally doing a bit of pottering around the house.  Tonight, I've planned to meet some friends from the gym for a meal in a restaurant, which will make a nice change.  We've not got together for a good few months, so it will be nice to catch up.

I've just got Friday left to work this week and have got my weekend free this week again.  I've got something planned for Saturday, which I'll blog about if it actually works out and then Sunday is Father's Day, so we'll probably take it easy and stay home, as everywhere gets so busy if you try to go and eat out on days like this.

1 comment:

  1. My your day was certainly eventful. I am glad that today went a little easier on you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete