Monday 2 October 2017

This Weekend

It's been a quiet, gentle and totally normal weekend as they go, the first I've had in a while. I had a list of things that I intended to do, but do you know, I didn't do many of them, and that's fine with me.  Sometimes you just need to step away from to do lists and just enjoy your free time, and I haven't had much chance to do that lately, so this weekend was all about this.

We didn't really go anywhere, save for the garden centre again as OH needed some wood to repair the decking and I needed some compost to plant my bulbs in. We also got some bark to top up around the garden as it constantly gets dispersed into the borders by the dog.

We dropped a few things off at the tip, the result of my doing a bit more pruning last week. I've just got two fruit trees to prune the tops of and the bulbs to plant into pots and then the garden will be taken care of for the winter, save for sweeping up leaves and storing them until they make a leaf mulch.  I did this last year and the three bags rotted down nicely and now have been used to top up the raised beds.

So, much of this weekend was spent indoors.  I did a Weekly Home Blessing, organised my finances, did some more eBay listings, some ironing and cooked us a roast dinner on Sunday evening.  I managed to get to my class at the gym for the first time in a few weeks on Sunday and then did the weekly shop on the way home, so I'm all set for the week now.

It's going to be a busy few weeks from Thursday as the manager of the CS is going on leave for two weeks and I will be taking the helm again.  I'm determined not to work 7 days a week on this occasion, as it just totally exhausted me the last time around.  I may be getting some help from another shop in the vicinity, but nothing's confirmed yet.

My birthday also falls within this period, so I'm sure we'll be doing something to celebrate the occasion. I have to say that I'm already looking forward to November and October has only just begun.

My temporary contract at the CS has now been extended until the end of December, but it is possible that someone else is going to be working the 12 hours of the full-time post I'm covering, that I'm not working, which should help things a bit, especially in the lead up to Christmas.  I was asked if I wanted to work full-time, but I just couldn't make that commitment at the moment, as the days are long ones and it would put too much strain on family life.

As a consequence, I may not get much time to post in the next few weeks, but as soon as things return to normal again I'll be back.

4 comments:

  1. I do like free weekends like that- it's nice to have no fixed plans and be able to get on with things! That's good news about the CS though I hope you aren't too exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you had a relaxing weekend. Kris was home again so I spent Saturday baking and visiting.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the contract extension, do try to make time your yourself as it's a job that can swallow you whole!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the shop doesn't exhaust you x

    ReplyDelete