Saturday 21 October 2017

I'm Back

It's been a busy couple of weeks, but my two week stretch of managing the CS in the Manager's absence has now come to an end, and I'm very relieved. As you might expect, things didn't go to plan and I ended up working several more days than initially expected. (Surprise, surprise).  This time, however, it was due to ill health of another member of staff, which couldn't be helped, so I just had to suck it up and carry on regardless.

I got a surprise call from my Manager yesterday, who knew nothing about the events of the past week, and offered to come back a day early and work today, otherwise I would be there again.  I was very happy to hand over the reins and get back to my own life. The good news, from subsequent discussions, is that I should get my days back in lieu, when I get the chance to take them.

This morning, I've had a bacon sandwich and a cup of tea, and I am having a leisurely Saturday morning surveying the devastation around me that is the house (It's not that bad really, OH has been keeping on top of it for me) and deciding what I'm going to do with myself now I've actually got some longed for free time.

It's a bit wet outside to do any work at the allotment or in the garden and there's supposed to be a storm later today, so I guess I will probably spend most of the day getting to grips with the house and laundry.

As it's half term this week, we may be going away for a few days to Amsterdam.  I'm not back at work until Thursday and I've wanted to revisit the city for a while now, so it would be a good opportunity to get away and just chill out a bit.  I haven't been to Holland for at least 20 or even 30 years, so I'm quite looking forward to it.

I think we'll be taking the ferry to France and driving from there (it's a four hour drive), so one of my tasks this afternoon will be to look for some accommodation.

Other than the above, a dog walk and watching Strictly are the only other things I've got on my to do list for the day and I'm very pleased about that.


2 comments:

  1. My nephew moved to The Netherlands a couple of years back. He loves it there. Enjoy your holiday, you deserve it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good holiday - it sounds like you need a break after your recent stretch at the shop.

    ReplyDelete