Wednesday 15 June 2016

Wednesday Catchup

After spending the day at the CS yesterday, today I've got a day without anything planned for the first time in a few weeks.  I'm going to relish it.  I'm staying close to home, as I have a few tasks to catch up on.

Number one task will be my finances. I need to do some online banking and check off recent purchases, so that I know what I've got left to last the month (probably not much at this point in time!).  We have quite a lot of food in the house though and lots of salad leaves in the garden, so it will do me good to minimise grocery shopping for the rest of the month.

I also want to tackle the ironing mountain today.  With having visitors, I still haven't got on top of the washing and ironing since we came back from holiday, so that's my main job for today.  Not very exciting, but necessary all the same.

If  I get chance and the weather is onside, I might do some work in the garden and try fixing the new roll of chicken wire to the salad bed, although this might have to wait until the weekend, when I can get some help with it from OH.  My back troubles have recurred since I ventured into the garden the other evening, so I might find the bending down to fix the wire a little difficult today.  Hopefully, it should be feeling a bit better by the weekend.

I've offered to go into the CS on an extra day next week, as it's a bit of a transition week, with a couple of people leaving and a couple of new members of staff starting.  I don't mind doing a bit more from time to time, if it helps and to be honest it will keep me busy too.

I am beginning to wonder what I did with my time before I started volunteering.  It's interesting how soon I've got used to being busier and how the thought of not being as busy leaves me wondering what to do with myself.  I think I'd got very good at filling my time with one thing and another at home, so I guess the house and housework has suffered a little as a consequence, but not too much.

2 comments:

  1. I volunteered at the charity shop two days a week for four & a half years before I became co manager so beware ! Feeling a bit worn out now and maybe time for a new adventure x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know what you're saying, it is easier to get drawn into doing more hours than you want to. I am wary of doing so, as I do like to leave time to do all of the other things I enjoy doing. I'm not really looking to take on too much responsibility, but the experience is very useful after spending a long time at home.

      Delete