Tuesday 11 August 2015

A Better Start to the Week and a Bit of Holiday Planning

This week got off to a much better start yesterday, as things got back to normal and I attended my usual morning class at the gym.  This was followed up with a small shopping trip to pick up some new blinds I'd ordered for LB's bedroom.  They've not been put up yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing them insitu.

En  route, I also managed to post a parcel for my small business and whilst in the Post Office I decided to purchase some currency for our holiday next week, which crossed another item off the week's to do list.

When I got home it was early afternoon and I caught up with a bit of blog reading, whilst having some lunch. My grocery shopping was then delivered, unpacked and put away.  I took advantage of a final coupon for £10 off and free delivery.

After our holidays, I will be going back to doing my own shopping and to be honest, I'm quite looking forward to it. Although I do love the convenience of online grocery shopping, I have experienced a couple of negatives over the last few weeks that I've been doing it this way.  I've had a few less than perfect items put into my shop, which haven't even lasted a couple of days before starting to go off, and on more than one occasion, some very basic essentials haven't been delivered due to being out of stock.

Partly, this has been my fault for not wanting any substitutes, but even so it has been a bit inconvenient. Anyway, I've made the most of the vouchers and reduced my grocery bills in the process, so I can't complain too much.

I have very little grocery shopping to do next week as we are only here a couple of days and I bought enough this week to cover most meals until we go away.  It will just be a case of picking up a few fresh bits to tide us over and trying to use up what is in the fridge, freezer and cupboards.

I'm starting to get a bit excited about the holiday now and have been researching a few things on the internet in readiness.  We're heading to Florida for the first time, staying in an apartment in Fort Myers on west the coast for a week, before travelling around to see some of the main tourist attractions in the state.

Apparently, the town is a popular holiday destination of Floridians, and the summer estates of US business magnates Thomas Edison and Henry Ford are located in the town, so I'm hoping that we will enjoy it. It also  has some of the most beautiful beaches in the state. We are staying only metres from one of them, which sounds lovely.

The weather, however, according to forecasts, is looking decidedly dodgy with thunderstorms forecast for the next couple of weeks, as I think they may be  moving into hurricane season there at this time of year. As I'm not a great sun worshipper, I'm not too concerned, so long as it is not so severe that it stops up getting out and about.  I may need to buy a light raincoat, however, to take with me!

Oddly perhaps, I have been researching health food stores on line, as I'm hoping to purchase some natural make up whilst away, from some brands that are more difficult to purchase in this country and more expensive.  Thankfully, I have been encouraged by the large number of stores I have found so far in the vicinity.  It will be fun checking them out.

1 comment:

  1. So happy to read that things are off to a better start this week. Planning for holidays is always fun!!!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete