Saturday 25 April 2015

Another Allotment Visit

After our mammoth effort last weekend, to rebuild the paths at the allotment, I headed back this Friday to finish off the job by covering the paths with wood chips.  Here's a reminder of what it looked like when we left last Saturday.


Luckily for me, there was a big pile of wood chippings just outside the site gate, waiting to be loaded onto a barrow and put on the paths.  It took about three barrows full to complete the job.  It was worth it though, as it looked great when I'd finished.


I sowed a few more seeds whilst I was there, some suede, turnips, purple sprouting broccoli and more lettuce.  Then I watered everything, as I hadn't done this since sowing lots of things a few weeks ago. Then finally, it was time to go home after a very busy morning.

3 comments:

  1. Your allotment looks good, the path make it look neat and tidy, you have loads of growing space, you should have a productive summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. I haven't really made the most of it for a couple of years as I've been a bit on the back foot, but I'm hoping to keep right on top of it this year.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete