Sunday 8 June 2014

Project 52 - Week 23 - Washing Dirty Garden Pots

This week's Project 52 task was just a small one, but nevertheless an important one, that I often purposefully leave and avoid getting around to because it isn't my favourite task.  Friday afternoon, it was lovely and sunny here and I fancied spending some time in the garden.  There were lots of dirty plant pots underneath and around the potting table that needed washing and stacking tidily out of the way, so I thought I'd do that whilst soaking up a bit of sun.

It didn't take too long.  I always fill an old baby bath of Little Bird's with warm water and a squirt of washing up liquid and wash the pots in there, after tapping off as much soil as I can.  Then I fill another tub with cold water and throw them in there after washing, to rinse them.  The system works well.  Usually Little Bird likes to help me, but she was at school this time around.

Anyway, after washing them they were all stacked with my other clean pots and stored under the potting bench ready to use.  I threw away any cracked, split or damaged ones.  Here's a photo of them neatly stacked away. (I forgot to take a before shot).



Whilst out in the garden, I also managed to clear some space on the potting bench.  It had been full of plants I need to hang up, am growing on or am not sure where to put, so I rarely get to use it.  As a consequence, the following day, I was able to use it to pot on my tomato and cucumber seedlings, so it was good to use it for its intended purpose for once.  I hope to clear it completely one day.  That's another item to add to my list for 52 Projects.



Joining in with Dreamer at Living a Slow and Simple Life in her Project 52 challenge to complete a task a week for a year.

2 comments:

  1. Necessary jobs and very satisfying when they're finished.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete