Thursday 12 June 2014

Moving On Up

This Wednesday was an interesting day.  I had to skip my class at the gym in the morning, as Little Bird and I had an appointment at her new secondary school, to meet a member of staff, attend to a few formalities  and most importantly, to try on her soon to be new school uniform.

The new school is within a 10-15 minute walk of our house, which is good, with no overly busy roads to cross, which is even better.  It's an all girls' school, with a very good reputation, so we are pretty happy that she got a place there.  The appointments were running a few minutes late, but we were soon seen and all went well.

Next, was the trying on of the uniform.  It was great for Little Bird to be able to try on her new uniform in an informal setting, where the various sizes and styles were all hung out for her to see and try on to find which style suited her best.  It took about 20 minutes, but by the end of our slot, I had ordered her blazer, shirts, skirts, sweater and PE top.  She looked lovely in her new uniform.  So grown up, bless her.  I know that on her first day at this school she will be very nervous, but I will be immensely proud to see her off to school looking so smart.

I now just have to buy her socks, trainers, shorts and jogging bottoms, which I should be able to get easily from most stores during the summer holidays.  It's a bit of a weight lifted I can tell you and was made so easy, which I'm very grateful for.  I now just have to put some money aside to pay for the uniform, when I collect it in August.  At least we have a couple of months to spread the cost.

All that will then be left to do, will be to buy Little Bird's school bag and stationery, which I know she is really looking forward to shopping for.  It will make a fun shopping trip during the summer holidays I hope.

2 comments:

  1. Big changes....I'm interested why you chose an all girls' school ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Basically, it's the closest to where we live and quite a few of the girls from Little Bird's school will be going there. It was Little Bird's second choice, her first choice was co-ed, had a lottery admission system and she wasn't lucky enough to get a place. It will be interesting to see how she copes in a single sex school. It seems to be very well run and has excellent results. Time will tell I guess.

      Delete