Friday 7 June 2013

Approved Food Delivery

My Approved Food order arrived today.  It took a while to unpack as it was quite a large one by my usual standards.  As promised I photographed the contents to demonstrate what good value you get from this company.

The order was more or less divided into four main categories. Toiletries and household products, sweet treats, other food groceries and packed lunch snacks.  I spent £70 in total on this order with the £5.25 postage on top.  A couple of things were out of stock and my account was credited accordingly.  This was what I got for my money.  I apologise for the poor quality of the photos.


In this category I bought laundry liquid for £2.49 for one litre.  It is Carrefour brand, which is a French supermarket own brand.  I'm currently using it and it seems okay and quite reasonably priced.  The Pantene Pro-V shampoo and conditioner was £3.50 for two 250ml bottles and 200ml tubes respectively and although they are not as big as the usual bottles that are £4 in the supermarkets they are a handy size for travelling as they don't take up as much room in your toiletry bag.  It is my favourite brand too, so I couldn't resist these.  The packaging is written in German and French but I think I can fathom out what you do with it. 

I also bought 6 of these small 75ml tubes of Aquafresh toothpaste at 2 for £1.20.  Again, a useful size for travelling and I got some Clean & Clear products, two moisturisers for £1 and 3 Spot Control Gels for 99p which I will try at some point.  I have used the moisturiser before and found it quite good. I also managed to throw in a treat for my daughter which was an Impulse body spray and Barry M lip gloss for £2.99.  I know she'll love it. There were some other things too; 2 bottles of disinfectant, brillo-type pads, multisurface wipes x 4 packs, 2 shoe polishes, 2 bottles of body wash and Germolene ointment.

 
The second category included general groceries with a few treats thrown in.  In this category the best bargain was 10 x 6 packs of chicken Oxo cubes for £1.  (Should keep me going for a while.)  I also bought 2 x 500g wholemeal pasta for £1, 3 large bottles of Heinz ketchup at £1.16 each, Cadbury's fairtrade hot chocolate 8 cups x 2 for £1.20, 2 Soreen loaves for £1, 4 bottles of water for £1, 24 packs of low calorie snacks at £1 for 8, Chilli Salsa kettle chips at 2 for £1.20, two large bottles of French Pink Lemonade for £1.50 (worth it for the bottles alone), Tetley teabags 99p for 76 round bags and Herby dumpling mix 5 for 99p. 
 
I also bought quite a lot of healthier type snacks for use in packed lunches for my daughter or for school trips which included 4 x 5 packs of snack size soreen for £2, 16 packs of Kelloggs Special K Mini Breaks at 8 for £1, 2 boxes of 5 Kelloggs Nutri Grain bars for £1.50.  I also bought 150g of pistachio nuts for £1.49 and 14 boxes of Whitworths raisins for £1.49.  These sort of items cost lots more in the supermarket and are handy for packed lunches, afterschool or after swimming treats instead of getting snacks out of the vending machine.
 
 
 
I saved the naughtiest purchases for last, as they are not so healthy, but I do like a bit of chocolate from time to time.  I've tried to buy items in small packs to prevent overindulgence as much as possible, but it is nice to have some in the cupboards for those moments when nothing but chocolate will do.  I also use them for baking, taking to the cinema, and for treats on long journeys or days out.
 
 
Most of the Cadbury's products were 3,4 or 5 for £1 which is cheaper than buying them individually.  The large Galaxy bar 390g was £1.99, the Divine Fairtrade Milk Chocolate 2 x 100g bars for £1, snacksized Maltesers £1.49, Milky Ways 99p for 6 and Wine Gums 99p for 7.  The main difficulty in buying these sorts of items and having them in the cupboard is resisting eating them too quickly.  I just have to be disciplined and ration them.
 
So as you can see I think I got quite a lot for my money and there are lots of leading brands in there at pretty reasonable prices.  Some are just out of date or will be soon, but I have never really found this to alter the quality of the products.  There are lots of other things on offer so take a look.  If you've never tried using Approved Foods and fancy giving them a go I would recommend them.  You can pay by Paypal too which is good.  Please note that I am not sponsored for this post but am just happy to pass on the source of a good bargain when I find one.

No comments:

Post a Comment