Wednesday 13 March 2013

A Trip to the Local Library

A couple of days ago I had to head up to our local library to return a book, and yes it was unfortunately overdue, but only by 1 day, costing the huge sum of 18p.  Whilst there I thought I would have a look around and see if there were any interesting books on the shelves to take out.  I was first of all attracted by The Allotment Diaries, about a memorable year in the life of an allotment site.  I've read a few books about allotments and they are usually good for a giggle.



The second book I picked up was this book on Dressmaking - 200 questions answered.  I had a quick flick through and it looked a very easy book to pick up, dip into and put down at your leisure, which is always a good quality I think, and it actually might help me too which is even better.

Always a sucker for a book about glamour, my next choice was this book about Grown Up Glamour - How to age fabulously - by the women who got it right.  I think it was the photos of Rita Hayworth and Katherine Hepburn that won me over.


Finally, my last choice was an autobiography of Mary Quant.  I've seen this on the shelves there before and have been tempted but already been in the midst of reading something so the timing wasn't right.  Hopefully I will be able to read it before it is due back.

Consequently, I left the library feeling pretty happy.  Don't you just love the feeling of coming out of the library with books you can't wait to either flick through or read that have cost you absolutely nothing.  I do.  Long live libraries.


No comments:

Post a Comment