This week got off to a slow start. I was tired on Monday morning, after the Car Boot on Sunday and so had a lie in before getting up and ready. I unpacked a few items of clothing left over from the car boot and put them into a donation bag. I also put all my hangers back in the wardrobe. There was more unpacking to do, but I needed to go out and do the weekly shop, so it had to wait.
LB came with me to do the shopping this week. It was nice to have the company and an extra pair of hands. We went to my usual out of town location. I had a £3 voucher to spend at Tesco and another £4.50 voucher off a £30 spend at Sainsburys this week and used both of these.
LB wanted to visit the charity shop, so, of course, I joined her in there and ended up buying one top for £3 and a set of three small preserve jars for £1, which will come in very useful for jam making. I have lots of very big jars, but few smaller ones, which are a more practical size. I'm not doing any jam making until the weather really cools down though. Eventually, we got all the shopping done and headed home to chill for the evening.
On Tuesday, I went to Zumba as normal. When I got back, I did a bit of blog reading, as I'd got a bit behind over the past week. I then did some financial reckoning and paid a bill online, as we were now more than half way through the month. OH fixed the handle on the shredder, so it will hopefully keep on being usable for many more months. I also printed off the form to apply for one of my pensions and started filling it out. There's a few bits of information I need to find to complete it and I need to get my signature witnessed, which is a bit annoying, but I realise that it is a security thing.
In the afternoon, I watched the final available episode of Clarkson's farm, which was good, if a little sad. I then watched a couple of documentaries. I was tired and just wanted some down time.
I had a long lie in on Wednesday morning after waking from a deep sleep and feeling groggy. I then got showered and ready for the day. I had a few household tasks to do in the kitchen and some laundry that needed doing and hanging out.
I spent the afternoon, cutting out some paper pattern pieces for some clothing items I'd like to make. At least this takes me a small step closer to actually doing some dressmaking. I also took a look for some potential holiday accommodation for September. We're either going to drive to France or possibly stay in the UK, dependent on the wildfire situation. We'll probably book last minute.
Later, OH and I went to the allotment to harvest and water. The nights are starting to draw in now and I can't wait for the autumn.
On Thursday morning, my Aerobics class was cancelled as the teacher wasn't available. I wasn't too bothered. Sometimes it's good to have a break from routine so that it doesn't get too boring.
I spent most of Thursday dealing with some financial stuff. I'm trying to apply for one of my pensions, but I came across and issue with a question on the form I had to fill out, so I ended up querying this on the website and am waiting for a reply. I also ended up shredding lots of old paperwork connected to a job I held 35 years ago. I still had all my appraisal paperwork and reading through it was interesting, and not in a positive way. It just makes me feel glad that I'm not subjected to all that nonsense any more. Shredding them was the most positive thing I could do with them. Of course, the shredder handle broke again, but in a different place. I can still use it though.
I also rang up about a small private pension that was due to mature and was talked through the process of cashing it in. I'll probably use it to give myself a small income between now and when I hopefully get my state pension. There was lots of excess paperwork in relation to this too, so that all got shredded. You can tell I'm on a mission to get rid of anything no longer relevant.
I did a bit of deadheading and pruning in the garden today. We did have a bit of rain, but again not a big downfall. Still waiting for that one.
Friday morning, I got up early for a change and took Bruce, the dog we're looking after, out for a long walk, which was nice. It was a bit of a prickly one, as his ball got stuck in brambles and I had to dig it out, scratching myself in the process, then he did a poo amongst some rose bushes and I got caught up trying to pick that up and then the ball went into some thistles. At this point, I put it away. Apart from this we had a nice walk. Several people admired him and someone even asked if I was selling him! I told them he was not mine to sell. (He's a French Bulldog)
When I got back, I did a few household tasks and then a bit of blogging. I'm really liking the cooler weather. Such a relief.
Saturday was another chill day. I walked Bruce again in the morning and then when I got back, I did a few chores. We didn't really do much at all today, just potter around at home. We did visit the allotment and it was nice to see one of the other plot holders and have a good chat. We'd not seen her for months.
We started watching a series called Ludwig on BBC iPlayer in the evening. It was quite entertaining. A little different from most crime dramas.
On Sunday, I spent the day cleaning. OH and I are heading off next week up to Yorkshire, to visit family and attend a wedding. LB isn't able to go, as she's going to a music festival here in London and is having friends to stay over with her, so I needed to get the bedrooms into a fit state for visitors. This meant a deep clean and a lot of thinning out, to make space and declutter. It took the whole day, but looked a lot better for it. I've still got the downstairs to clean, but that will be a job for the beginning of next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment