Sunday 5 February 2023

This Week - W/E 4th February 2023

I had a super long lie in on Sunday morning. I really didn't want to get out of bed, and I didn't need to as OH was doing the morning dog walk.  I did eventually get up and get dressed.

I decided that today was the day that I wanted the Xmas stuff to go back into the loft. It had been kicking around on the landing and in the sewing room for weeks, getting in the way. I just needed to iron a few bits of Xmas linen before it could be packed away for another year.

This gave me the motivation to tackle the ironing pile of doom. It was full of towels, bedding, kitchen linen and a few items of clothing, so I got to grips with that and spent most of the afternoon getting it down to a reasonable level. This felt very satisfying once it was done. I just haven't had the energy or motivation this January, partly because work has been so busy, but now the sales have finished, I find I've got a little more energy on some of my days off.

I put the laundry away and OH put the Xmas boxes and bags back in the loft and I felt that I was actually making some sort of progress in the house for once.

On Monday, I was due at work for 4pm. I spent the morning doing the weekly shop locally again and then finishing it off before heading into work. 

My shift at work started off quite quiet but did get a bit busy, mainly because I was working the tills on my own for a while. It wasn't the best shift I've worked, put it that way, for reasons that I won't go into here.

I was happy to have my day off on Tuesday, and quite tired from working until 10 the night before. I ended up waking up at 5.30 am though, so I was tired later in the day and took myself off to the sofa to have a nap. 

Whilst there, I also read a couple of chapters of the Georgette Heyer book that had arrived by post that morning and then spent the rest of the afternoon on the sofa watching Netflix. Sometimes you just have to have a duvet day on the sofa, and this day was mine. I did pot up a plant cutting, water my houseplants and move my pots of daffodils closer to the back door today though too, so it wasn't a complete write off.

On Wednesday, I was at work for 1pm, so I walked the dog before heading off. It was a lovely morning with blue skies and sunshine.  So different to many of the days we had in January. It would have been a perfect day to spend in the garden, but I wasn't able to unfortunately. I was, however, very happy to move forward into February this year.

Work went okay. It was reasonably busy, but I had time to do other jobs between customers, which mixed it up a bit. We were notified that our Store Manager is leaving today, which came as a big surprise. I think he will be missed, as he is very well regarded by the staff.

For once, I wasn't working late on a Wednesday, which I hoped meant that I wasn't going to be quite so tired getting up to go to my volunteering the next day. It didn't quite work out that way, as I didn't sleep well, but the volunteering on Thursday morning went okay and I had a good chat to a new volunteer after the session, which was nice.

I didn't do a whole lot in the afternoon, a bit of sewing, laundry, the usual.

Friday morning at work was pretty steady and calm really. I enjoyed the shift. I didn't do a lot for the rest of the day, a bit of stitching, watching TV, walking the dog.

Saturday, I woke up to another small win on the Premium Bonds, which I was very grateful for. I was due at work for 1pm, so I took the dog out, had some lunch, got ready and headed off.

Work was okay for once, which has not been the case on many recent Saturdays. It wasn't quite as intense as it has been recently and there seemed more till staff this week for a change, which made a big difference. I stayed an extra half hour, to serve the last of the customers and help to tidy up a little. I was glad to get to the end of the work week.  I've got Monday off next week, so for the first time in three months, I've got three consequetive days off. I can't wait.



3 comments:

  1. I have hardly turned around since Xmas and my daughter's visit two weeks ago which has meant a lot of extra bedding in the ironing pile and it will be half term for the grandchildren at the end of next week. Enjoy your three days off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes for three days off in a row. Enjoy them.

    I have had a couple of "lazy" days as I call them. Love not really having to do much of anything.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, I don't miss 'work' at all,

    ReplyDelete