Sunday 12 February 2023

A Short Week - W/E 11th February 2023

It's felt like a very short week this week. It's been the normal 7 days, of course, but not working on Monday and going up to visit family in Yorkshire, made a big difference. I felt very relaxed when we came back. It felt like we'd been away for longer, which is a good thing.

Normal life resumed on Wednesday, with a weekly shop and a late shift at work.  Work was very quiet though, so I ended up spending some time marking down some seasonal items that were being reduced in price. There also wasn't too much stuff to put back in the shop at the end of the day, so it ended up being quite a relaxed shift.

On Thursday, I was off to my voluntary work again as usual. For once, I'd slept well, so getting up early wasn't as difficult as it is some weeks. The shift went okay and we seemed to get quite a lot of work done, which is always satisfying.

OH took the dog to a new dog sitter on Thursday for a few hours, to get her used to staying with him.  We're hoping that he'll be able to look after her, to enable us to get away on holiday in a few weeks time. She seemed to be happy enough to go, but was also very happy to come home too. She must have been a bit confused about why she was there though.

Anyway, after lunch, I felt really tired and popped up to bed for an hour's nap.  Three hours later, I had to drag myself out of bed. I must have fallen into a really deep sleep. It felt good though and I must have needed it.

The remainder of the afternoon/evening, I spent doing some patchwork and watching TV with OH. I've just got to stitch one more block on my current quilt and I'll be moving on to stitching the pieces between blocks. It will be exciting to see the quilt come together, as it's taken quite a few months to get to this point. I'll be making a separate post about this soon.

On Friday, I was due at work for 10am, so I had a little more time in the morning to get ready which was nice. I got an email from my sister in Australia, to tell me that her son has got engaged and will be getting married next year, which is good news. Work was okay, but there were a couple of unpleasant encounters with customers. It went by quickly though.

When I got home, I didn't do too much, just walked the dog, stitched and chilled. Fridays we always have pizza, which OH always makes. We started to watch a movie on Netflix about Aretha Franklin which was good. We'll finish it another evening.

Saturday morning I had to myself, as OH was out cycling. I took the dog for a walk, posted some parcels at the post office and then spent an hour stitching before getting ready for work.  The traffic going to work was really bad, so I was a few minutes late, which was annoying as I never like to be late and always leave a good amount of time for the journey.

It was a really busy afternoon at work, a constant stream of customers, but no rude ones thankfully, so it passed quite quickly and uneventfully. There was quite a bit of work to get the shop tidy at the end of the shift though, but I always find this part of the shift the most enjoyable, as I can kind of wind down as I'm doing it.

A short and pretty uneventful week since we got back from Yorkshire, just getting back into our normal routines after a short break. I hope you've had a good week.


2 comments:

  1. Your week sounds lovely and just perfect to get back into the swing of things after a bit of a break.

    Looking forward to your post on your quilt.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Urgh- rude customers! We had a parent who was incredibly rude to our office staff last week- they phoned and were really nasty and refused to give a name and said they wanted to remain anonymous. Sadly for them, we have caller ID and their number came up and so they were able to find out who it was and call them in! I'm glad the trip to Yorks made a difference!
    I think sometimes that I should try to grab the nod nap- I think it would help! Obvs, not at school though!

    ReplyDelete