Sunday 2 October 2022

This Week - W/E 1/10/22

This week began with a morning out at the Car Boot sale on Sunday and then lunch out at the pub with OH, which was a nice treat.  The rest of the day was pretty chill and spent at home.

On Monday, I did the usual weekly shop. It being the last week of the month, money was tight this week. I had to be very careful, as I didn't want to overdraw. I just don't want to go down that route again. 

I was very selective about what I chose to buy and kept it to an absolute minimum. I'm continually shocked at how food prices are going up every week. Each time I go into the supermarket, something else has gone up 10p or 20p or more. I'm having to really think about what I put in my trolley for the first time in a very long time.

Anyway, in better news, I had a few online sales to post out on Monday, which was a blessing and I got to pick up the Too Good To Go bag I'd ordered, which was interesting.

On Tuesday, I headed out to the gym to my regular Aerobic class, which was good as always. The rest of the day was spent at home, pottering and doing jobs. I can always find things to do that don't cost money, so I'm thankful for that. I did my usual month end financial round up and was shocked at how much the few shares I have left had gone down in value in the last week. I sold one more holding, as I'm not prepared to lose any more money on them. This particular holding was still in profit - just.

I started a new craft project today with some beads I bought from the car boot sale and was very happy with how it turned out. It's not quite finished, but isn't far off. I'll post about it when it is.

Wednesday, was a quiet day at home. After walking the dog and picking up a prescription on the way back, I didn't need to go anywhere which suits me sometimes. I listed a few more things online today. I've been watching a few videos about the particular platform I use, and they suggest adding listing regularly to boost the algorythmn, so I'm getting into the habit of making new listings every week. It seems to be paying off so far, as I had another couple of sales today. 

I got the all clear from my mammogram today, which was reassuring.

On Thursday, when I got up, I decided to do an impromptu wardrobe changeover, from spring/summer to autumn/winter. This is what my wardrobe looked like once I'd taken the summer stuff out:


And then once I'd put the winter items in:




It's amazing how a few thick sweaters can bulk things out. There were a few skirts and trousers too. There's a few more items in the ironing basket, so once they're done, the wardrobe should be full again.

I had a long walk with the dog and then after lunch, I spent a few hours in my sewing room diligently going through all of my drawers of fabric, to condense them as much as I possibly could. This was to free up a drawer to store listed items safely, to avoid them getting dirty or damaged. 

It was interesting that whilst going through my stash, It found a couple of fabrics that will be ideal for quilt backs, which is always a challenge, so I made a mental note of them for future reference.

I posted off a couple more sales today and made some alterations to some listings to offer better value for money and then began to create some new products to sell.

On Friday, I had a late start as I didn't sleep well. When I did get up I decided to do a little job in the sewing room that I'd been meaning to do for a while.  I needed to remove a strip of fabric from the edge of a vintage sheet I was using on the bed. It was a plain dark brown strip, which I felt contrasted too markedly with the pretty pattern of the sheet. Besides, I had another job in mind for the strip, which was to use the fabric in my current patchwork project.  It took quite a while to cut all the stitches along the width of the sheet and remove it carefully. I now just need to re-hem the sheet.

Once I'd got up and ready, I headed out for a bike ride. I haven't done one for a couple of weeks, despite promising myself I'd do it every week. I enjoyed getting out in the fresh air.

Later on Friday, as I had some money in my account, I decided to go out and do a proper grocery shop. We were running low on lots of things, as I'd done a very minimal shop this week.  I won't need to do a shop on Monday now, but may need to top up a couple of things later in the week next week. It felt good to be properly stocked up again on food and household items. I managed to get 10% off at Lidl, as I'd spent £250 in September on groceries.  This saved me around £8.50 which is a decent saving.

On Saturday, I stayed home all day, apart from walking the dog. I did some sewing to add products to my online offering and hemmed the sheet from the other day. I made a few more listings and did a bit of online research. Nothing wildly exciting. OH was out most of the day cycling and then down the pub after the ride, so I had the house to myself which was nice. 

How has your week been, mine's been pretty uneventful, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

1 comment:

  1. You had a great week. I agree, prices seem to be going up every week and not by a few pennies here.
    Great move on your saving the strip on the vintage sheet.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete