Sunday 26 January 2020

Give and Take Time Again

It was Give and Take time again this weekend. I made sure I wasn't working on Sunday, as there was the first event of the year in our borough. For anyone who hasn't read any of my posts about these events, they are run by the council to try to prevent perfectly good items going into landfill.

Basically, you take along anything you no longer want and donate it and anyone attending can take away anything that has been donated for free, so I guess it's a kind of swap/free jumble sale.

I had a few bags to take that I'd gathered together over the last six months or so, mainly as a consequence of changing over to a vintage style wardrobe.  Most of the things I no longer want, I donate to a charity shop locally, but anything with a bit more wear or that I think they won't sell, but still has lots of life left in it, I donate to the Give and Take.

Here's a picture of the bags I took:


Three of the bags were filled with clothing and one bag was filled with bric a brac.

Today's event took place on an award winning housing development on the edge of a lake and next to a wildlife reserve, so it was quite scenic.  OH came with me as he had a cold and hadn't gone cycling for once. 

We dropped off the donations and then went for a walk around the area with the dog, before heading to a local café for lunch, all of which made it a nice trip out. I popped back into the event later, to have a look around and took just 2 or 3 items away, one of which I'd donated and changed my mind about!

Next stop, we dropped off another two bags of items at our local charity shop. I couldn't resist a quick look, but luckily there was nothing there that I wanted to buy.


The drop offs have cleared quite a bit of space in the spare bedroom, which was well overdue.  We just have to put the Christmas decorations back in the loft now to free up more space.  It took us over six months to get around to it last year.  Hopefully, it won't take us so long this time around.




3 comments:

  1. I really love the idea of a Give and Take. What someone no longer needs or wants could be just what another needs.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea is Give and Take, we have nothing like that here. I usually give t oo my local Op Shop and then buy a few things too, we should call it Give and Buy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still sorting through some Christmas decor and dithereing over it! I had to smile that you retrieved something you had taken along - my sister used to do that when they had jumble sales at school - mum would send her with a bag of stuff and she would bring it back home saying the teacher didn't want it! She doesn't part with much even now!

    ReplyDelete