Sunday 4 November 2018

A Mixed Bag

After my week off, I returned to work last Sunday, to what seemed to be a stockroom that was under very good control, which was a nice surprise.  My two days working at the beginning of the week went okay and I got caught up on one job that I'd not had time to tackle properly before I went off on leave, which was also good. There'd been a bit of drama in my absence, I won't say what, but I'm hoping it's now blown over or will have very soon.

On Tuesday, I booked myself into a different class at one of two gyms I've been attending for a while. I haven't actually been to the usual class at this venue for a while, as I got a bit fed up with it.  Returning again, I was starkly reminded why I'd stopped going. I don't think I'll be going back.  It's just a vibe there that I'm not enjoying.  As a consequence, I've spent part of my days off researching other classes I can attend in other venues. I think it's time to change things up properly. I've been doing the same things for way too long, I definitely feel I need a change. I'll keep you posted on how successful this is as I try out new classes.

On Wednesday, I had to go out to do the weekly shop early, as from Friday I was supposed to be working 5 days in a row and wouldn't get chance to do the grocery shopping.  (The rota subsequently got changed when the Manager decided not to take some leave he'd booked). I combined the grocery shopping with a bit of Christmas shopping and managed to complete the gifts for a few more people on the list.  It definitely felt like I'd made progress, which is a relief. There's still a couple of tricky gifts to buy, but I'm getting there and hoping to be done with it all by the end of the month.

In addition to doing some Christmas shopping, I managed to spend the birthday money that OH had given me at TK MAXX.  I bought this lovely Fiorelli bag, which will be my next handbag for daily use.  I'm still using my current one, but I always like to line up another one, as they frequently wear out, get too scruffy/dirty or handles split, etc., as a consequence of so much use. 



I'm really happy with this one, it has pockets in the various places that fit my needs perfectly (I particularly like this zip pocket on the back for my Oyster card - I have one on my current bag) and it looks quite smart for work and days/nights out too. It's PU, not leather, which is a plus, and at £35 I thought it was pretty good value.
I also bought myself these Guess sunglasses too.  Don't ask why, I just liked them and decided to treat myself to a nice pair. They were expensive for me at £20, but for a designer brand, it wasn't a bad price. (I don't usually go for designer brands at all, but I just liked the style of these)



Finally, I bought this necklace for £1.70 which I thought was very cute. It will be good to wear for work and was a snip.


I bought one other thing, namely some Guess ear buds, but I haven't yet decided if I'm going to keep these for myself or give them away as a Christmas gift to a niece. The jury's out on that one.




Talking of Christmas shopping, I opened an email the other morning offering 30% off one of the presents I bought for LB the other week.  Don't you just hate it when that happens. I'm trying not to think about it. A more positive email I received this week, however, informed me that my sofa covers are now being made and will be posted out soon, which is very exciting.

This month is going to be a bit busy.  We've got a couple of appointments to see different school sixth forms for LB, there's a Give & Take I need to attend to donate another big box of stuff we no longer need, LB has an eye test appointment to attend, there are possibly interviews for a new part-time manager at the shop again this month, some friends and I are arranging a pre-Christmas meet up and then the usual Christmas shopping/card writing nonsense.  I'm sure it's the same for everyone at this time of year.

I'll try to post as often as I can, but posts may be a bit irregular.


1 comment:

  1. My you are managing to get ahead start on the Christmas buying. I decided that I need to buy my youngest brother a gift instead of giving him a gift card. I am not too sure my other brother is giving them to him.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete