Wednesday 7 November 2018

A Bit of a Tangle

This weekend has been a strange one. After working on Friday, I spent the most part of Saturday, doing a little task I'd brought home with me from work, I say little, but it took a long time.  The job itself was to detangle 30 necklaces that had somehow got themselves into one big almighty knot.

I wouldn't normally bring anything home with me from the shop, but in this instance, these items were all new and from a quite pricey costume jewellery brand and were well worth untangling in order to get them put on sale in the shop in the lead up to Christmas, as they would make great gifts.  I just don't have the time at work to sit and unknot jewellery, nor do I have a volunteer whose time I can feasibly use to do the job, so I felt it was the best option in the circumstances and with the agreement of the Shop Manager I brought them home.

One whole day and two nights later and they were all untangled and ready to go back to work to be priced and put out on sale. OH even helped me out, as it got to a point where I just wasn't getting anywhere but frustrated, so he stepped in and did the last few.  A couple of chains inadvertently snapped whilst I was trying to detangle the knot, but on the whole, I think it was a worthwhile exercise and they should hopefully raise quite a bit of money over the festive season.

There was another large knot of cheaper necklaces that still needed detangling at the shop, but I managed to whittle these down by half yesterday, whilst I was at work and they are now out on sale.  Seems to be a running theme at the moment. At least I didn't have to bring these home with me too.

The rest of the weekend, was spent watching Strictly, ironing, walking the dog and generally taking it easy.


3 comments:

  1. Knot an easy job when they get in such a mess. I used to have one of those necklaces that had three strands to it on a single clasp it was always in a tangle so never really wore it as I never had the time to untangle it when I was going out. Well done for perseverence - I hope it brings in a tidy sum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing worse than unknotting chains. Good for you in getting it all done.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not an easy task, well done !

    ReplyDelete