Sunday 18 November 2018

A Crazy Week

It's been an interesting week. Lots of crazy and good things happened to make it so.  Here are a few of them:

On Saturday, LB and I headed out to a local(ish) Sixth Form College to look around on their Open Day.  She is taking her GCSE's this year and has to consider what she is going to do next. Unfortunately, her current school is not teaching one of the main subjects that she wants to study at A level, so we're considering other options. 

This place was great and really impressed me. She would be able to do all of the subjects she wants to do here and it is only a half hour bus ride away. It would also be a great stepping stone to university and a completely different experience from school.  It was nice for just us two to have an outing and I'm pleased that I went. It will be interesting to see what she decides to do. I'll keep you posted.

On Sunday and Monday, it was great to get back to the gym and do a couple of classes. I haven't been able to attend many lately due to work commitments, so this was a positive and made me realise how much I've missed them.

On Tuesday I was back to work for three days consecutively.  The first two days went okay, but my last day of the stretch was a disaster.  There was so much going on.  The Manager and Area Manager were interviewing for another Deputy, there was a shop lifting incident and a professional thief using slight of hand managed to rob us of some money.  We caught it all on camera, but the police won't do anything as the amount wasn't large enough. Then to top it all, the till stopped working and we had to shut the shop early. A disastrous day. The things people do to steal from charity shops are just unbelievable. Anyway, one good thing was that the lady who was recruited from the interviews seemed very nice which is hopeful at least.

LB had a difficult week too with a Drama assessment for her GCSE, which by all accounts didn't go too well.  She was quite upset about it, but it only accounted for 8% of her marks, which was a pretty small percentage, so by the next day she had got it more into perspective. Hopefully, it won't affect her results too much if it was as bad as she thought.

Needless to say, I was really pleased to get home and have a couple of days off and be able to spend time talking to LB and catch up with jobs at home. I got an email from my sister in Australia, who I haven't heard from in quite a while, which was nice. I had been meaning to email her, but just hadn't got around to it, so it was good to catch up.

My sofa covers also came this week, bang in the middle of my work days, so I didn't get the chance to put them on and see what they looked like.  I was really excited to do so, but I wanted to clean the living room first, which I managed yesterday, which leads me to another thing that I did this week.

I bought a cordless stick vacuum cleaner. I've been thinking about it for a while, particularly as I hate lugging our Henry type hoover all over the house. I'm done with that if I can help it. I need to make life as easy for myself as possible now that I'm working. The one I bought wasn't too expensive at £120, but it had lots of good reviews, so I'm hoping it will be worth the expense.

That just about sums up the week. A bit of a roller coaster, but we got through it. I'm back at work today, Sunday, but not until I've dropped some more decluttered items off at the last Give or Take of the year and a local charity shop.

I hope your week was a positive one.  Lets face it, we all need some positivity at the moment, especially with BREXIT hogging the news for all the wrong reasons. Next week is new week.  I'm hoping it's a little less eventful.

1 comment:

  1. I hope your LB finds the school that is just perfect for her. The one you visited sounds like an excellent match.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete