Monday 13 November 2017

This Weekend

This weekend has been another weekend focussed on decluttering more stuff. Having the weekend off work and after LB's mammoth declutter last weekend, I spent some time on Saturday morning going through all of the items she donated and then recorded them here on the blog, as part of my challenge to declutter 1000 items this year. I'm currently at 897 items and I am hoping to increase this figure by the end of the month. So close, it would be a shame not to have a last push and meet the target.

Later on Saturday, we decided to head to the local Mall, which we rarely do.  I needed to return something I bought last week, that I decided just wasn't me, OH wanted to start looking for a phone for me for Xmas, I had another £8 off a £40 spend at Waitrose voucher to use, so I wanted to do part of the grocery shopping whilst there and make good use of it and we decided to have supper out as a treat, in an effort to make the most of my having the weekend off.

Only trouble was, when we approached the Mall, there were crowds of people all milling around on the pavements. Straight away, I knew something wasn't quite right. LB checked the internet and it transpired that the mall had been evacuated due to someone letting off a firework in John Lewis, which triggered the fire alarms and a subsequent evacuation, which apparently led to a bit of a panic and stampede to get out of the building.

We were so grateful that we arrived just after it had happened and not before.  As a consequence, we turned around and came home, instead choosing to eat in a local restaurant.

When we got home, I put my feet up with a bar of chocolate and a glass of wine and watched Strictly.  I completely missed it last week due to working all weekend, along with all it's controversy.  In fact, it was that that put me off watching it on catch up, but it was nice to get back to it this week.

Anyway, on Sunday it was the Give & Take, the second this month, this time run by a different organisation than usual and in a completely new to me venue.  The giving time was 11.30am, so I had to forgo my usual Sunday class at the gym (it starts at 11am), as I just wanted to get all of the stuff out of the house whilst I had the chance.

On the way back, I did the grocery shopping, so I was organised in time for going back to work today.

I can now give the spare room over to Christmas.  I took the decorations and wrapping paper out of the loft last week, to stop me buying more when I already have lots. I went through everything in the three boxes and bags again and a few more things found their way into the donation pile that I took this weekend.

The spare bed is currently covered with all the Christmas gifts I've bought so far (Not LB's or OH's) and that need wrapping, plus all of the wrapping paper, decorations, etc. I'll probably start wrapping things up soon and get ahead of myself.  Why wait?

I also spent time this weekend catching up on housework, laundry, ironing, etc.  and I also spent some time preparing more stock to sell on eBay. Sales have been going quite well over the past two months and I've decided to use the proceeds towards my new sofa covers.  There's a way to go before I can buy them, but I'm hoping that I'll make enough money outright to cover the cost.

Anyway, it was nice to get back on top of things this weekend, although I didn't get around to cleaning upstairs.  I'll do that in the week. One step at a time and I'll get there eventually.

How was your weekend?

4 comments:

  1. I managed to get the last couple of bits for my eldest grandaughter's present yesterday and today I have made a start on the wrapping....I am fed up already...lol.
    Your Mall trip sounds like it was pretty scary and I'm glad it was nothing worse.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't too scary for us, fortunately, as we weren't in there at the time, but there were lots of concerned looking people who had been evacuated. I imagine it was very scary for them.

      Delete
  2. What a scary thing to have happened. Like you, I am glad that you arrived after the stampede to get out.

    You are doing very well on the decluttering front.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, whilst it wasn't scary for us, it must have been scary for those inside, now knowing exactly what was going on.

      Delete