Thursday 30 November 2017

Monthly Round Up - November

Here we go with another monthly roundup. I tried really hard this month to rein it in, but as you'll see from the figures below, I didn't succeed.

Most of the budgets went over again this month, not by huge amounts (except one or two), but over never the less.

I'll start with the worst offence, which was my personal budget (surprise, surprise).  I'm finding it hard to keep the lid on this one, as I've been renewing my wardrobe lately and this has led to quite a bit of expenditure in this area.  My budget of £25 went over by £202.34 (Yikes!) Part of this was the new winter coat £63 and a haircut £28, but I did also spend £30 at Primark, £30 at the CS and also bought some shoes from ASOS, which I may yet return, as I haven't quite made up my mind about them.

The next worst budget was the Xmas budget which was set at £100.  I went over by £90.25, £50 of which was in an attempt to use some good money off vouchers at Waitrose, which ran out this month.

The Misc. budget of £50 went over by £50.85, mainly because I bought a few birthday gifts for LB, whose birthday is in January plus I spent £20 on a Christmas meal out with friends.

The Household budget of £50 also went over, but only by £7.38 which wasn't too bad.

The Food budget of £400 went over by £42.91.  I did buy a few bits of food for Xmas over the month, so this probably accounts for some of this.

The home budget of £20 went over by £1.19, but I did buy a new fitted sheet and some pillowcases, some storage boxes and a new clothes drying rack this month which seems a lot for such a small amount of money.

The under budget areas were as follows:

The travel for work budget of £60 came in under budget by £21.

LB's budget of £25 came in at £16 under. (OH will, however, be buying her a pair of Dr Martin Shoes for school next month, that will set him back over £90)

Not a wholly successful month again, but I'm hoping to get back on track eventually. (Can't say exactly when though)

How was your budgeting this month?








1 comment:

  1. Perhaps the worst over budget here was the house insurance. The cost went up quite a bit this year and insurance is now taxed by the provincial government. This raised the price even more.

    I am finding it difficult to lower the food budget even after the big stock up shop I did last month.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete