Friday 3 November 2017

Donated - October 2017

After having such a good month last month on the decluttering front, I wanted to keep up the momentum throughout October, especially as I still need to declutter over 250 items to meet my yearly target of 1000 items and also because there's a couple of Give and Take days coming up locally in the next two months, so the more I can get out of the house, the better.

Here's my progress on the challenge this month:

1) One black PU rucksack - donated as replaced with a new grey one.
2) One pair of trainers only used for gardening - no longer needed, as I've demoted a couple of other pairs of boots to this job.
3) One glass bowl - no longer needed.
4-5) Two glass candle jars, one with lid - cleaned and donated.
6) One green recycling box - taken to the tip - damaged.
7) One door mat - taken to the tip - vomitted on by the dog!!! (and was also old and damaged)
8) One book - I've tried to read it but can't get into, so it has to go.
9) One new phone case - a duplicated present for LB last year, both OH and I bought it for her.
10)  One lovely virtually new pair of Joules tan brogues, probably the most uncomfortable pair of shoes I've bought in a long time.
11) One pair of slippers of OH's that he doesn't like.  I bought him a pair of croc type slip-ons from the CS to replace them, for when he needs to go out into the garden when the dog is being noisy.
12) One peg hanging clothes airer - replaced with a new one as several of the pegs had broken and it didn't hold as much washing as I needed it to.
13-23)  Eleven items of clothing donated by LB after a wardrobe declutter. (Some of which she later sold on DePop).
24) One black leather cross body bag I no longer use.
25-29) Four glass tumblers - I've recently bought some new ones from the CS to replace these.
30) One book - that I've read and am not keeping.
31) One pair of jersey harem pants repurposed and used as fabric yarn for making my rag rug.
32) One part used can of hair spray that I didn't like using.
33-36) Four magazines that I no longer need.
36-38) Three collectables that I decided to send to the CS.
39) One plant saucer that I don't have a use for.
40-57) Eighteen vintage collectables that I've decided to sell on eBay or donate.
58-60) Three old t-shirts I never wear.

As you can see, I didn't do quite as well this month as I did last month, but 60 is a reasonable amount of things to donate at this stage of the process, as the majority of  easy things to declutter have left the house.

When added to the total last month of 723 items, the total donated this year now stands at 783.  I now have two months to try to find the remaining 217 items to complete this annual challenge. I'm not sure if I'll be able to successfully do this, but I'll do my best and with a bit of help from LB who is having a major declutter of her bedroom this weekend, I might just be able to reach the magic 1000 figure by the end of the year.

3 comments:

  1. I think you did very well. I didn't manage even half that number. I did however shred loads of paper work with more to go.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you will get there and if on average everything you donate to charity was sold for a £1 you would have raised £1000 for charity over the year - that alone is a nice thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that is a nice way to look at it, although most of it was given away for free at the G&T events, which has saved people spending over £1000 possibly, which is also quite satisfying.

      Delete