Monday 9 October 2017

Sunday Night/Monday Morning

After working all weekend, I was met from work on Sunday night by OH and LB and the dog, who came into town to pick me up.  We stopped off at the pub again down the road from the shop, had a bit of refreshment and then headed to the car to go home, via a new to us Italian restaurant in another part of the borough where we live.  It was nice to sit outside and eat and watch the world go by on a busy London street, especially when I'd seen little but the inside of the shop for three days.

Following on from Sunday night, Monday morning was a busy one.  I was up and out with the dog, and had to collect my bike on the walk as I'd left it near the bus stop the day before on my way to work and had too much wine to cycle it home after the restaurant.

Then it was off to the gym for Zumba.  I had realised on the dog walk that I'd not attended or cancelled a booked class at the gym yesterday and thus had to pay a £3 fine.  Very annoying.

A couple of friends and I had pre-arranged to go for a coffee after the class in a local Turkish restaurant, to catch up properly, instead of in passing.  It made a nice change to have time to chat freely.  I ordered us all a plate of humus and pitta bread, mainly to facilitate my using my debit card, as I didn't have any cash and there was a minimum £10 spend. It was my shout this time around and now that I work and earn more money, it was great not to worry about paying the bill. I felt like a grown up for once.

Next, I headed off to do the weekly grocery shop. I got a text from LB whilst out, saying that she needed to use a  head lice treatment when she gets home! Urgh, I itch just thinking about it. She's not had head lice for a good few years. I had to get the required medication whilst I was out and her bedding and the towels will all be changed once it's been done.

The grocery shopping this week got a bit out of hand, as I kept throwing a few extras into the trolley to get us through the next couple of weeks of busyness at work. I'm not sure if I'll get chance to do another big shop for two weeks, so I made up for it. As a consequence £97 was spent, even after using a £5 off voucher. I also paid a visit to Home Bargains, which is always dangerous and bought a few Christmassy bit and bobs for various people and the house, plus some needed toiletries. I couldn't believe it when the bill came to £45.

Tonight, I'm just taking it easy.  It's Morrocan meatballs with cous cous for supper and I might try to catch up with Strictly, which I completely missed this weekend. Plus there Rellik to watch too.  OH and I have our suspicions about who has done what in it.

Tomorrow, I hopefully have a free day and lots of ironing and work at the allotment to do. I might even do an allotment post if I remember to take the camera and actually get there. I hope everyone has had a good weekend.




3 comments:

  1. You did have a busy couple of days. The sons are gone now and things are very quiet here. Now I get to use everything up.... All before an overnight visit to the city for a football game in the evening and a stock up shop the next day.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your trip and the football!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just catching up on your news - it is always nice to have a bit extra cash so you can relax a bit now and then and not feel you have to scrutinise every penny. The down side of working is the busyness and how things like the food shopping can run away with you as you tend to reach for easy to make meals.

    ReplyDelete